GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Beatles albums?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/11/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've always liked The Beatles, but I've never owned any of their albums. I downloaded a few tracks today - "I'm Only Sleeping", and "Taxman", and I already had songs like "Strawberry Fields", "Yellow Submarine" and "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds". So, going on those tracks - what albums should I be buying? Don't say "The Best of The Beatles", because I'm a strong believer that albums should be listened to as a whole, instead of singling out certain songs. I'm thinking "Revolver" and "Sgt Peppers", sound about right?

PS - I can't stand drippy nonsense like "Let It Be" *shudders* I'd rather listen to The Frog Song!
Tue 02/12/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Great Scott's"
My favourite beatles album has to be THE Best of the Beatles. Has all the Classics and at a reasonable price.
Tue 02/12/03 at 01:44
Regular
My favourite is the Magical Mystery Tour.

I am the Walrus, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields.

Released just after Sgt Pepper and was the neat crossover between their early tuneful pop songs and the studio based experimental work on the White Album and Abbey Road.
Sun 30/11/03 at 13:59
Regular
I've always hated the Beatles...
Sun 30/11/03 at 12:36
Regular
"Wrath from the grav"
Revolver...then Abbey Road those last 5 tracks that all merge into each other, just way ahead of its time!
Fri 28/11/03 at 20:47
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Best are definitely Revolver and the white album. Sgt. Peppers isn't that good.
Fri 28/11/03 at 08:57
Regular
Did some research on the Beatles recently for a friend of mine, Sgt. Peppers was one of the first albums that was recorded AS an album, so yeah, that and Revolver.
Thu 27/11/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't own any... 'apparently' Revolver is the best.
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:52
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> They have a duet album...I've seen it, but not heard it.

the climax is their rendition of especially for you
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They have a duet album...I've seen it, but not heard it.
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:42
"Darkness, always"
I've heard quite a few. The man is a genius. Far more talented than Leonard Nimoy, who's stuff is crap by comparison.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.