GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Emulators"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/08/00 at 10:05
Regular
I think that all of the next generation consoles should have the ability to play games from previous consoles by that developer. As they will probably have internet access, it could work the same way as emulators for the PC do, with ROM's being downloaded onto the console. Then when you buy a new console you can still get hold of a range of classic games without having to pay a fortune.
Mon 14/08/00 at 23:17
If you think about it, Nintendo would have to check every ROM site on the web as emulators are illegal because of all the copyright laws! Nintendo have already a system where you can play Pokémon red, blue and yellow for GB on the N64! Using Pokémon Stadium and a transfer pack!

I hope there will be a slot at the back of the controller like in the N64 as you will be able to use addons such as the Transfer pack to increase gameplay!
Mon 14/08/00 at 21:38
Regular
ALthough... if the new consoles had a hard drive (PS2 will have one I think,) then you will be able to download them. Yep, that will work.
Mon 14/08/00 at 21:35
Regular
Firstly, playing Perfect Dark or Mario 64 using the arrow keys and the uhjk keys isn't quite as fun or easy as using a control pad. Secondly console developers will be able to develop new games for the new console, and we will be able to sell our old consoles and still play the great games we had. Unforunatly it won't work as Nintendo used cartridges and will now use DVDs. Shame, but a great idea.
Sun 13/08/00 at 12:22
what is the point in playing older games on new console, why would you buy a new console? to play newer games! this is a stupid sony idea and will not be taken on by nintendo!
Sat 12/08/00 at 16:28
Seeing as you can download these ROMs and emulators for free on the Net, who would pay to download them onto a console?
Tue 08/08/00 at 10:05
Regular
"not dead"
I think that all of the next generation consoles should have the ability to play games from previous consoles by that developer. As they will probably have internet access, it could work the same way as emulators for the PC do, with ROM's being downloaded onto the console. Then when you buy a new console you can still get hold of a range of classic games without having to pay a fortune.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.