GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Forza then...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Forza Motorsport'.
Wed 18/05/05 at 17:02
Regular
Is it as ridiculously hard as the demo makes it out to be?

Or have they got the handling just about right after they changed it?

Should I get it, or wait for Juiced which just looks more.... fun.
Wed 18/05/05 at 22:57
Regular
"8==="
Burnout 3 was too EA'd for me to stomach for very long.

Midnight Club 2 didn't interest me offline and I haven't played 3 because 2 was such a letdown, I think LA Rush will be more to my liking.
Wed 18/05/05 at 22:51
Regular
Some of the non serious racers are good offline. I'm still enjoying Midnight Club 3 and Burnout 3 was fun while it lasted. All the serious racers I've owned though have been fun for a couple of days and then the boredom rears its ugly face and they feel like a chore to play.
Wed 18/05/05 at 22:39
Regular
"8==="
Same as every Xbox racer then.
Wed 18/05/05 at 22:19
Regular
DreamWarBird wrote:
> If you liked Toca Race Driver 2's realism, you will like this game.

Offline it plays like a souless t*rd though.
Wed 18/05/05 at 21:37
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
> The Gamespot review for the PC version
> [URL]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deltaforceblackhawkdown/index.html?q=blackhawk[/URL]
>
> Same game, so expect the same problems

Hmmmmmm.

Aside from the vehicle issues it seems like a solid multiplayer experience.

Single player sounds poor.
Wed 18/05/05 at 20:55
Regular
"All about the Beats"
If you liked Toca Race Driver 2's realism, you will like this game.

Its like Toca (realism) + GT (upgrades) + PGR (fun and addictivness) + NUF (customisation).
Wed 18/05/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Gamespot review for the PC version [URL]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deltaforceblackhawkdown/index.html?q=blackhawk[/URL]

Same game, so expect the same problems
Wed 18/05/05 at 19:22
Regular
"8==="
Single player?

Perish the thought!
Wed 18/05/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If Black Hawk Down is anything like the PC version, avoid.
Single player, the AI is terrible - both for your squad and the enemy, no tactics involved and they refuse to follow simple commands like "stack up". Asking them stack up outside a door results in 2 walking in, crouched, and refusing to shoot people less than a foot away from them.
Multiplayer was awful as well, just the standard shooty shooty with bad aiming and dull sand levels.

Forza? Haven't played the demo, but they handling is spot on. Lots of aids you can turn on or off, at the cost of £ rewards and I haven't spun out yet without being bullied by the AI. Which is superb. To see AI cars not always following the racing line 100%, smacking into each other and even spinning out is a refreshing change.

I'd avoid BHD like something really average personally.
Wed 18/05/05 at 17:48
Regular
"8==="
Looks like C:DS online to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.