GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anime & Manga [Dec]"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/11/03 at 00:31
Regular
Having enjoyed previous threads on anime on here I thought I'd do a dedicated thread, so please feel free to bring up anything.

-- Anime Releases for November

10th) Kiki's Delivery Service
10th) Castle in the Sky
11th) Dai-Guard Volume 5 : In the Red
17th) Voices of a Distant Star
17th) Excel Saga Volume 4 : Doing WHATEVER It Takes!
17th) Hellsing Volume 3 : Search And Destroy
17th) Martian Successor Nadesico Volume 6 : Endgame
17th) Neon Genesis Evangelion Collection 0:6
17th) Noir Volume 4 : Death Warrant
17th) Urusei Yatsura Movie 5

-- Anime Releases for December

01st) Vampire Princess Miyu TV volume 4
01st) Yu Gi Oh Volume 2
01st) Interstella 5555
15th) Boogiepop Phantom Volume 4
15th) Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Volume 6 : For All Mankind
15th) Dirty Pair Flash Volume 3 : Random Angels
15th) RahXephon Volume 3 : Harmonic Convergence
15th) Zone of the Enders : DOLORES Volume 5: Only the Strong Survive
15th) Neon Genesis Evangelion Collection 0:7

-- Anime News

(-) The Big O on Toonami
More emails have been sent to Toonami, requesting information about any new anime titles (such as Trigun) they might be acquiring in the near future. Here is a response;

"We have no plans to buy Trigun......as yet.

We are looking at all the various shows available to us, and our programming director is in Tokyo at the moment, so I dare say we'll be trying to snap up anything that is looking good.

One problem we have is that whereas CNX was in the adult epg, Toonami isn't, and so a lot of anime shows are too adult to be shown there. We're looking into the possibility of running harder edged shows through the night for the fans, but we'd have to get permission from sky!

I can tell you that we should be showing the Big O in April 04."

For information on Big O (which is currently airing on Cartoon Network US's Adult Swim) go to www.adultswim.com/shows/bigo/

(-) MVM 2004 Releases
MVM one of the UK's anime distributors has provided a proposed list of animes releases for 2004. Here is the list which contains some nice titles;

(19/01/04)
Vampire Princess Miyu volume 5
Urusei Yatsura Movie 6

(02/02/04)
Vampire Princess Miyu volume 6
Serial Experiments Lain volume 1
Fruits Basket volume 1
Sailor Moon volume 8 limited edition with box

(08/03/04)
Serial Experiments Lain volume 2
Fruits Basket volume 2
Sailor Moon volume 9

(05/04/04)
Serial Experiments Lain volume 3
Fruits Basket volume 3
Tenchi Muyo volume 1
Bio Hunter

(03/05/04)
Sailor Moon volume 10
Ninja Scroll TV volume 1
Sailor Moon volume 11
Kiddy Grade volume 1
Tenchi Muyo volume 2
Twilight Of The Dark Master

(07/06/04)
Ninja Scroll tv volume 2
Serial Experiments Lain volume 4
Fruits Basket volume 4
Kiddy Grade volume 2
Golgo 13: Queen Bee

(05/07/04)
Tenchi Muyo volume 3
Ninja Scroll TV volume 3
Sailor Moon volume 12
Psycho Diver Soul Siren
Kiddy Grade volume 3

(-) Ultimate Muscle Series 2
The second series of Ultimate Muscles should be airing on Monday on Toonami.

(-) 80ies Animations on DVD (well for the US atleast)
Rhino Records, the licensors of Voltron, are asking fans what the company should release on DVD next. The survey also includes several of Rhino's non-anime titles such as Transformers, M.A.S.K, Thundercats, He-man, Dungeons & Dragons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Real Ghost Busters. If you want to vote for you favourite ones (it's good to have a multi-regional DVD player) you can do so on the survey here;

http://rhinorecords.com/fun/contests (space) /videoanimation2003survey.lasso
Thu 27/11/03 at 18:44
Regular
ADV Films has announced on its UK website an update to the list of titles that they have acquired for distribution in the United Kingdom. The newly announced titles are:

Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture - Prince of Darkness
Sakura Wars OVA Collection
Sakura Wars TV
Slayers Return
Angelic Layer
Evangelion: Director's Cut
You're Under Arrest - mini-specials
You're Under Arrest - The Movie
Rune Soldier
Azumanga Daioh
Mazinkaiser
Cosplay Complex
Blue Seed 2
Original Dirty Pair: Project EDEN
Sorcerer Hunters: OVA Collection
Neo Ranga
New Cutey Honey
Mega Zone
Bast of Lemon (Korean)
Birth
Conduct Zero (Korean Live Action)

Wow now that was a bit of a suprise, anything of interest to you? Some of the main ones that we'll be getting will be, Azumanga Diaoh, Sorcerer Hunters, Cutey Honey, Nadesico and Sakura Wars, great to see so many more titles especially some real good series.
Wed 26/11/03 at 11:40
Regular
I remember that time, not sure how many releases it was but we went several months with just a couple of releases, hardly anything at all (looked pretty bad for the industry), then things began to pick up, mainly because of ADV I think. Then everyone started putting something out (MVM, Manga, Warner, Columbia Star etc).

It's good to see MVM are putting out quite a lot for 2004. Their titles seem to be teamed up with Pioneer, Funimations and Tokyopop. Come February '04 we can expect atleast (if ADV keep it up) 11 new anime releases a month. Now that's going to be pretty sweet.
Wed 26/11/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
In terms of new anime stuff (region 1), I’ve recently got the first Witch Hunter Robin disc (though have so far only seen the first episode), Last Exile is in the post and I shall soon be ordering L/R volume 1 and the New Dominion Tank Police disc.

There’s lots of good stuff to get that’s for sure, and it’s good to see the UK release schedule rather healthy. There was a long period not too long ago when new releases were hard to come by.

At the moment I’m also re-watching the first few Lupin III TV dvds, really fantastic cheesy stuff. It’s dated, but really fun.
Wed 26/11/03 at 00:57
Regular
I'm curious to know if anyone bought Kiki's Delivery Service and/or Castle in the Sky yet? They would make great presents for kids this Christmas I would think. I'm not sure I'll get the UK version of Castle in the Sky as I much prefer the first English dub (which I think is on the Japanese DVD) Also I read somewhere that there was another english dub for Kiki's Delivery Service? I wonder what that one was like, although I do enjoy the Disney dub with Kirsten Dunst as Kiki.

Anyone watched any new animes lately? After I check the DVDROM features on this Hulk DVD I shall be watching Manga Entertainments' Read or Die. I'll post my review later, should be a good series.
Wed 26/11/03 at 00:31
Regular
Having enjoyed previous threads on anime on here I thought I'd do a dedicated thread, so please feel free to bring up anything.

-- Anime Releases for November

10th) Kiki's Delivery Service
10th) Castle in the Sky
11th) Dai-Guard Volume 5 : In the Red
17th) Voices of a Distant Star
17th) Excel Saga Volume 4 : Doing WHATEVER It Takes!
17th) Hellsing Volume 3 : Search And Destroy
17th) Martian Successor Nadesico Volume 6 : Endgame
17th) Neon Genesis Evangelion Collection 0:6
17th) Noir Volume 4 : Death Warrant
17th) Urusei Yatsura Movie 5

-- Anime Releases for December

01st) Vampire Princess Miyu TV volume 4
01st) Yu Gi Oh Volume 2
01st) Interstella 5555
15th) Boogiepop Phantom Volume 4
15th) Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Volume 6 : For All Mankind
15th) Dirty Pair Flash Volume 3 : Random Angels
15th) RahXephon Volume 3 : Harmonic Convergence
15th) Zone of the Enders : DOLORES Volume 5: Only the Strong Survive
15th) Neon Genesis Evangelion Collection 0:7

-- Anime News

(-) The Big O on Toonami
More emails have been sent to Toonami, requesting information about any new anime titles (such as Trigun) they might be acquiring in the near future. Here is a response;

"We have no plans to buy Trigun......as yet.

We are looking at all the various shows available to us, and our programming director is in Tokyo at the moment, so I dare say we'll be trying to snap up anything that is looking good.

One problem we have is that whereas CNX was in the adult epg, Toonami isn't, and so a lot of anime shows are too adult to be shown there. We're looking into the possibility of running harder edged shows through the night for the fans, but we'd have to get permission from sky!

I can tell you that we should be showing the Big O in April 04."

For information on Big O (which is currently airing on Cartoon Network US's Adult Swim) go to www.adultswim.com/shows/bigo/

(-) MVM 2004 Releases
MVM one of the UK's anime distributors has provided a proposed list of animes releases for 2004. Here is the list which contains some nice titles;

(19/01/04)
Vampire Princess Miyu volume 5
Urusei Yatsura Movie 6

(02/02/04)
Vampire Princess Miyu volume 6
Serial Experiments Lain volume 1
Fruits Basket volume 1
Sailor Moon volume 8 limited edition with box

(08/03/04)
Serial Experiments Lain volume 2
Fruits Basket volume 2
Sailor Moon volume 9

(05/04/04)
Serial Experiments Lain volume 3
Fruits Basket volume 3
Tenchi Muyo volume 1
Bio Hunter

(03/05/04)
Sailor Moon volume 10
Ninja Scroll TV volume 1
Sailor Moon volume 11
Kiddy Grade volume 1
Tenchi Muyo volume 2
Twilight Of The Dark Master

(07/06/04)
Ninja Scroll tv volume 2
Serial Experiments Lain volume 4
Fruits Basket volume 4
Kiddy Grade volume 2
Golgo 13: Queen Bee

(05/07/04)
Tenchi Muyo volume 3
Ninja Scroll TV volume 3
Sailor Moon volume 12
Psycho Diver Soul Siren
Kiddy Grade volume 3

(-) Ultimate Muscle Series 2
The second series of Ultimate Muscles should be airing on Monday on Toonami.

(-) 80ies Animations on DVD (well for the US atleast)
Rhino Records, the licensors of Voltron, are asking fans what the company should release on DVD next. The survey also includes several of Rhino's non-anime titles such as Transformers, M.A.S.K, Thundercats, He-man, Dungeons & Dragons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Real Ghost Busters. If you want to vote for you favourite ones (it's good to have a multi-regional DVD player) you can do so on the survey here;

http://rhinorecords.com/fun/contests (space) /videoanimation2003survey.lasso

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.