GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Europe Gamecube Release Date!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/03/01 at 18:30
Regular
Spring 2002 is the official date!

Bad news for Nintendo of Europe!!!!!

I don't care, I am getting mine from Oz, I can't wait that long!!!!

Game
Wed 14/03/01 at 22:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
Edgy wrote:
> I ment rivals in a friendly way :)

I'm generally not an agressive
> person and the only way we're rivals is cos I'm probably one of the
> biggest Ninty fans and you seem to be a big Playstation fan!

And
> we probably both like to laugh at each others fav. consoles when
> mistakes are made!

LOL {:)

I'm not hard. Some of mates are, though. I know a kid who's well 'ard!!

{:)

Wed 14/03/01 at 22:23
Regular
And they all lived happily ever after...
Wed 14/03/01 at 22:21
Regular
I ment rivals in a friendly way :)

I'm generally not an agressive person and the only way we're rivals is cos I'm probably one of the biggest Ninty fans and you seem to be a big Playstation fan!

And we probably both like to laugh at each others fav. consoles when mistakes are made!

Wed 14/03/01 at 22:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Edgy wrote:
> Ant I don't want to sound offensive in any way (since we're probably
> biggest rivals on the board and some of the longest running
> regulars) I've found that you're not right when it comes to these
> things very often.

I'm not always right but I try to get my facts
> straight before posting.

If er_no claims he knows something for
> definate then I almost have to believe him cos Nintendo are in
> constant contact with 3rd party games companies!

He he, but I was right this time!!

Anyway, I don't predict much.

Also, all I said was "Hmmmmmmm....." Does that mean, "Well done er-no!! I certainly beleive you!!" Or does it mean, "shut up er-no." Or does it mean, "Maybe, maybe not. But I'm not so sure."

You decide...

PS- yes, we are rivals. But in a friendly way.
Wed 14/03/01 at 22:13
Regular
Look. Basically, everyone who went to the games conferences could see that the Gamecube COULD come out by Christmas but it was more likely to be spring.

So NOM told everyone that it would be Christmas because that's what Nintendo owners want to hear.

Likewise I bet some of the equally dishonest Sony mags said the release date would be Christams 2002!

Most of us knew that if we were lucky, then the Gamecube would be out by Christmas. It turns out that it won't be here until spring after all. Nintendo clearly have good reasons for holding it back (like making sure that they've got enough blockbuster games for the release instead of releying on a Mario game to last until Christmas!) and I hope it gives them enough time to manufacture enough to go round.
Wed 14/03/01 at 22:12
Regular
Ant I don't want to sound offensive in any way (since we're probably biggest rivals on the board and some of the longest running regulars) I've found that you're not right when it comes to these things very often.

I'm not always right but I try to get my facts straight before posting.

If er_no claims he knows something for definate then I almost have to believe him cos Nintendo are in constant contact with 3rd party games companies!
Wed 14/03/01 at 22:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
er-no wrote:
> It will still be this year! dont worry!
I can't tell you were I
> got this from I JUST KNOW!

Hmmmmmmm.....

Wed 14/03/01 at 22:06
Regular
I have to say that news may be too late to convert me to a 'Cube buyer.

SR has got a story today that Metropolis Street Racer is to appear on the X-Box. If it does, and i've got no reason to doubt the SR team, then im gonna buy an X-Box.

But the 'Cube is going to be great as well.....

Damn what a dilemma!

I may have to buy them both.... do you think it will be a valid reason for a bigger student loan :-)
Wed 14/03/01 at 21:59
Regular
Those of us who have read your previous messages er-no will know you work for a respected games company and can probably guess where you got the info from :)

I hope this year is a definate!

If I've got the wrong person (My memory's a bit strange at the mo and I don't know why cos I'm only 15) then sorry!
Wed 14/03/01 at 21:14
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I hope so... I'll probably grab the X-Box otherwise :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.