GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i got the sims superstar and i love it but its hard"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/11/03 at 17:52
Regular
any tips?
Tue 25/11/03 at 18:49
"Dogs rule,Cats drul"
Thank you.
Tue 25/11/03 at 18:48
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
lol. It's impressive.
Tue 25/11/03 at 18:38
"Dogs rule,Cats drul"
Yep took me ages though.I think why did I bother waste of time now.
Tue 25/11/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Did you write it on the spot?
Tue 25/11/03 at 18:15
"Dogs rule,Cats drul"
I didn't copy it from anyone I wrote it myself.
Tue 25/11/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
WHich person, did you copy that from?

In my opinion, The Sims is one of the most boring games, ever created. It's so repetitive, there's a next to nothing plot, and graphically, it sucks.
Tue 25/11/03 at 18:10
"Dogs rule,Cats drul"
Ok here:

Believe it or not, there are some people out there who don't like The Sims games on PC, who find them boring and dull. You could argue that the premise of controlling someone who leads an everyday life inside your computer isn't exactly an exciting one. However, EA are hoping their latest Sims expansion pack (number 6 in a seemingly endless series) will prove the doubters wrong - with The Sims: Superstars, your Sim's life will be anything but ordinary.
With the Superstars expansion pack, you can choose to create your very own rock star, movie star or fashion model, living a billionaire lifestyle and sampling the very best that life can throw at you. The new expansion pack introduces a 'fame score' which rises depending on how famous you are - depending on how well known your Sim is, your score will rise, allowing you to buy even more expensive items and live the high-life to the max!

Each 'profession' also has an ultimate goal, for example, if the film star is well-respected and their fame score is through the roof, you may find your little thesp wins a Simmy award! On the flip-side, if your score goes down, you could end up fronting a crappy infomercial on cable TV - look out Steve Guttenberg. If all goes well, your Sim could be fronting a major fashion show, or playing a live concert in front of hundreds of fans! It's all much more exciting than the standard Sims fare ie. wake up , go to toilet etc.

Sims can become a celeb or just live like one. Fabulous new objects like a skydiving simulator, satellite dish, and a new art and furniture collection can turn an ordinary Sims abode into a magnificent and decadent manse. Sims in need of a day of indulgence and pampering can also enjoy the new day spa, complete with mud treatments, steam baths, Sim massages and an oxygen bar. Domestic staff is also available for hire so manicured Sims won't chap their hands with the drudgeries of household maintenance.

Will your Sim become an icon or fade into the obscurity of bad dinner theater? Will they win a coveted Simmy award or be regulated to personal hygiene commercials? In The Sims Superstar, you are the idol maker.

A fantastic addition to the Sims story of games so far. Become a pop star, movie star or a model. It makes the Sims more of a game than the other previous editions when you are just living someones life. You have to battle to achieve talent rather than just buy things. There are more than 150 new items and famous characters that you come across in the new Studio Town location. This is a difficult edition of the sims but is great fun trying to make your way to the top and become a star.

have previously written a review of this game but since then i have had countless hours of experience with "Superstar" and I now have a much revised view of this expansion pack.

I realised that after playing this game for a few days the novelty wore off quite suddenly. The game became very predictive and achingly repetitive. At first this expansion pack seemed to add a whole new depth to "The Sims" but I soon found this not to be true at all. Going to work as a model, actor, or singer, became laborious, and working up through the career ladder became painstakingly boring.

I thoroughly enjoyed being well and truly involved in the career process at first, but I feel that maybe this game has gone from one extreme to the other. It no longer flows like it used to and you can quite quickly get hung up on one trivial aspect of the game, for example getting an extra half a star friend rating that can sometimes take hours of work.

It can be quite fun when having risen through the ranks of celebrity stardom, you then get your very own obsessed fan who follows you around the Studio Town and even turns up at your home to take pictures, rummage through your trash and leave roses on your lawn, but after a short while the constant mess this fan leaves in dropping flower that need to be cleaned up and the stealing of hard earned Simmy's really does get irritating.

The new butler feature is quite handy except when he gets stuck in doorways or disappears altogether, which unfortunately is quite often. It is a bit costly at 500 a day, but would have been well worth it if the butler programme wasn't so flawed.

The new objects in this expansion pack are a treat. This I can't deny or refute. The skydiving simulator is by far my favourite, but other objects such as the leather suite, plasma T.V. and giant fish tank are also worth a mention. There is a good variety of new clothes and heads too to choose from, allowing a little more diversity in your neighbourhood.

All in all, the Superstar expansion pack seems a worthy purchase at first, but will soon leave you wishing you hadn't forked out your hard earned cash for. It offers a more diverse approach than previous expansions and the new careers involvement adds a new dimension of play, even if it is at times aggravating. "Superstars" was a nice idea that perhaps could have been executed a bit better.

The temps of the releasing new expansions for The Sims are going to make one from the bestsellers and most popular game in TV serial.My irony is clear trial envy and just i can't detach time to play with the new game.The idea for the last extras comes from the letters to Maxis that are saying they can't control the sims when they are on job.It isn't cool to know that your sim is somewhere with his boss.And cause of this Maxis create The Sims:Superstar!!!The fans will see something between studio town and Downtown from Hot Date and the other expansions.Some people how for the first time are starting The Sims will see that they are going out from daily round.But in Superstar is the way to Famous,Butics,Sushi,Water Pools full with superstars - Marylin Monroe,Christina Agillera and others.If you want to go to this world you have to call a taxi and to have cash.For the Americans Hollywood is legend place.And from my Sim Mark i will show you what is to go on the stars - that's why he have Studio Town Insider how inform him about the live of the Superstars.The Newspaper founds them an agency,how many times they were in Studio town and all the famous people.When you sign with agency you will be nobody you have to have 5 stars to be a superstar.In the start you are an casting star.Then you will do TV Serials,adversitemeng and other staff.

What the Expansion doesn't have:
You have to pay every 3 days the mail.
You don't have national holidays
You don't have rest.
The Graphic is still ugly.

In The Sims2 if i see the time to be astronogical
and the time makes days and the days months and the months years i will say that the game is more than B-E-A UTIFUL.Maxis promise just one more expansion(The Sims:Macin'Magic)and in February 15,2004 they will release The Sims:2
With cool 3D Graphic.

Bojidar
Bojidar

Hey! I just want you to know, I just recentley bought this game and it is well worth it! you can create sims with hot new looks! You can go to Studio Town and meet famous sims like Avril and Christina! You can buy items like a home scuba diving tank, an oxygen bar and a mud bath! You can become famous and be a model, a singer, or even an actor or actress. I think should buy this game because it is super fun! You'll really enjoy it.

The Sims is great, I still play it and its many, many expansion packs (this is number 6 I think, that's quite a few) However, apart from making them wet themselves, instigating girl on girl kisses and keeping them out of the shower for days on end, there's not a whole lot to do in the house.

Other expansion packs allow you to leave the house, to go on dates, on holiday etc, but you never get to go to work. Possibly because many of the jobs you force your Sim to get are pants. Push ups in the army? Meetings at the office? Boring.

So here's the chance to do something interesting - become famous. You can follow your dreams to become the next teeny bopping "I'm a rebel, but my record company tells me what to do" singer, the latest "I get work because I'm pretty - what's acting?" Hollywood star, or a catwalk model on the Atkins diet. Nice.

Of course we all know these types of people don't do any real work. They spend their time living it up in their mansions, and that's exactly what you can do. Spa treatments, sushi dinners and your own personal butler await you. After a hard day miming for a video, pretending to punch stuntmen or walking down the catwalk, you can relax with a steam bath and a visit from the Swedish massage girl. And stars say they have problems...

All you need to do is get an agent and let the work roll in. Perform well and your star power goes up, bringing in bigger and better deals. Mess up and you'll end up selling your soul like Pele and advertising all kinds of junk before appearing on VH1's "after they were famous" It's like Gladiators all over again...

It's fun taking your Sim from nobody to somebody, and living the high life with oodles of cash is great. Like all Sims add ons, there are loads of new items to play around with, such as furniture and new toys, and with three career paths (singer, actor, model) there's plenty to do. This should tide you over until Sims 2 arrives, and it's less than twenty quid so there's no reason not to get it.I would give it 10/10

Know it's not realy tips but it's what I think of it.
Tue 25/11/03 at 18:02
Regular
"cachoo"
Make friends with superstars. Read that brochure thingy you get in the post every morning to see who's the 'hottest'. The higher they are on the list, the more chance you've got at becoming more famous quicker.. I think. Also, go downtown and bug that photographer to take pictures of you. It takes a lot of tries to get him to photograph you even when you're not famous, but try. Get you creative skills up, then have a go on that stage thingy up town. Also, do advert/commmercial acting. All that lot will get your stars up; which is what you need to become famous.

Something like that. Haven't played it for a while..
Tue 25/11/03 at 17:52
Regular
any tips?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.