GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Evening of Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/03/01 at 13:12
Regular
Just thought I'd tell you all about a few games I played after work yesterday.

Shortly after I got in I played Diddy Kong Racing, up until the point were you have to race the dinosaur for a second time.

Then my evil Mother-In-Law came over, so I quit for a while and made dinner.

After this I went on the internet a bit, and to keep my daughter amused I went to the Teletubbies website.

I found a game called Noo-Noo Tidies Up. Top stuff!

A bit later I went back to DKR, beating the dinosaur, and winning the trophy races.

Later I put the PC back on and played some PS2. Haven't got very far into the game, but I'm really into it already. I think it's great when a game grabs you straight away like that.

After my wife had finished what she was doing she wanted me to play something else. It just so happens that at the weekend I discovered that there were some demo's on my Windows '98 CD, so I decided to give Age Of Empires a go.

Anyway we didn't really have much of a clue what we were doing, just built a few things and turned a few men into attackers.

I sent one man on a wander, and sumbled upon the Roman site. As he was just a villager, the Romans paid no attention to his, so I had him attacking all of the houses.

As this was a successful tactic, I brought in more villagers, and soon enough they'd knocked down every Roman building, without the Romans doing a thing!

I lost a few men when attacking the Roman people though, so came up with a rather devious battle plan. I brought all of my attackers to just outside the Roman area. I then used a villager to run up to one Roman soldier then run away. The soldier would follow him alone, right into my 4 waiting attackers!

I slowly picked of there men one by one like this. Easy!

How's that for tactical genius?

Anyway, that was my evening yesterday. in case you were interested.
Wed 14/03/01 at 13:12
Regular
"not dead"
Just thought I'd tell you all about a few games I played after work yesterday.

Shortly after I got in I played Diddy Kong Racing, up until the point were you have to race the dinosaur for a second time.

Then my evil Mother-In-Law came over, so I quit for a while and made dinner.

After this I went on the internet a bit, and to keep my daughter amused I went to the Teletubbies website.

I found a game called Noo-Noo Tidies Up. Top stuff!

A bit later I went back to DKR, beating the dinosaur, and winning the trophy races.

Later I put the PC back on and played some PS2. Haven't got very far into the game, but I'm really into it already. I think it's great when a game grabs you straight away like that.

After my wife had finished what she was doing she wanted me to play something else. It just so happens that at the weekend I discovered that there were some demo's on my Windows '98 CD, so I decided to give Age Of Empires a go.

Anyway we didn't really have much of a clue what we were doing, just built a few things and turned a few men into attackers.

I sent one man on a wander, and sumbled upon the Roman site. As he was just a villager, the Romans paid no attention to his, so I had him attacking all of the houses.

As this was a successful tactic, I brought in more villagers, and soon enough they'd knocked down every Roman building, without the Romans doing a thing!

I lost a few men when attacking the Roman people though, so came up with a rather devious battle plan. I brought all of my attackers to just outside the Roman area. I then used a villager to run up to one Roman soldier then run away. The soldier would follow him alone, right into my 4 waiting attackers!

I slowly picked of there men one by one like this. Easy!

How's that for tactical genius?

Anyway, that was my evening yesterday. in case you were interested.
Wed 14/03/01 at 13:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And mine was:

Got in, ate, mate came over and we fired up Knockout Kings 2001 on PS2.
Got annoyed because I suck and lost 9 fights consecutively, switched to career alternating fights between us, smoking and eating junk food when it was my time to watch and offer advice.
Got pizza, threw each other around on WWF Smackdown 2 for an hour, then went on the PC and played Unreal Tournament online.

Realised it was 3am and I was getting up at 7am for work, decided "What the hell..." and carried on storming bases and fragging till 6am.

Had shower, watched Big Breakfast and now at work.
Wed 14/03/01 at 19:48
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Age Of Empires. Whadda game. Stupid AI, though.
Wed 14/03/01 at 19:58
Hi, my evening wasn't as varied as yours. I got in from college, read some of the Highway Code for my Theory Test. Finished a maths project, but now the formalities are over, I shall get down to some serious gaming on my PS2. Next order of business: SSX!

PS. are you the same meka_dragon that donated a game to the childrens hospital. If so, I just read about you in the back of the Special Reserve magazine. Top man!
Wed 14/03/01 at 19:58
Hi, my evening wasn't as varied as yours. I got in from college, read some of the Highway Code for my Theory Test. Finished a maths project, but now the formalities are over, I shall get down to some serious gaming on my PS2. Next order of business: SSX!

PS. are you the same meka_dragon that donated a game to the childrens hospital. If so, I just read about you in the back of the Special Reserve magazine. Top man!
Wed 14/03/01 at 19:59
Oops, sorry. Pressed submit twice!
Wed 14/03/01 at 20:01
yeh i saw the photo too meka, nice

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.