GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Here's Your Task"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 19/05/05 at 13:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I was playing 'that game' the other night and was following some girl down the road into some random place I had never been to before east of Ashendale.

Suddenly the girl stops and says to me, "Don't go any further, I made that mistake and ended up getting killed by those Hoarde guards." She then pointed a little way down the road at the entrance to some random Horde place.

We then chatted for a bit about random stuff, like how she's got 7 other characters and this lv30 she's playing with at the moment is the worst one.

Anyway, things go on from there and I soon find myself engaging in the act of killing some random Golem type things on a quest with the help of this girl and her pet.

After talking to her for all that time, I start to get a few random thoughts in my head. "Hmmmm, a girl playing games like this and being far better than me. I bet she's fat and ugly. Then again, she might be a fit girl who just likes playing games. Hmmmmm."

Just as I think that to myself, another message pops up from her, "Oh, before you get too exited I'm male, I weight 150kg, I'm 40 years old and I've got a kid."

This then had me thinking again, there's loads of girl characters around, but just how many of them are actually girls!?

The answer?

I'm yet to find one! I've asked so many female characters and they're all blokes playing them. Your task is to find at least one character that is actually being played by a girl, because I don't think there are any...

I really can't get to grips with the way people on the Internet never look the way you think they do, it's annoying.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Ok.

First off, I really am a girl. And i love WoW.
Second, i'm not fat and ugly (i think..)
Third, I have played WoW with quite a few real girls, But then again, quite a few Guys playing as girls.

I think its disturbing though, how many guys play girls. It's...just...wrong.

Bullett is really a girl though...
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Garin wrote:
> Well if you want to say all women who are interested in RPGs/Fantasy
> stuff are fat and ugly...

*Shrug* where did I say that all women into fantasy and SF are fat and ugly? I said one woman who I knew was into fantasy. It's not my fault she fits perfectly into the stereotype. :D

Garin wrote:
> Then I guess everybody here playing WoW is skinny in appearance, has
> thick glasses, a large dose of acne and is a total nerd. After all
> thats the stereotypical RPG fan isn't it?

Well, I'm lanky, I wear glasses in front of a screen and I'm a total nerd. I've grown out of the acne though. Good job I'm a good looking bast otherwise I'd be knackered. ;D

[edit] Oh, you missed the wannabe beard too. All RPGers by law must, if not have a full beard, look as if they're rubbed newspaper around their general beard area.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Garin wrote:
> Then I guess everybody here playing WoW is skinny in appearance, has
> thick glasses, a large dose of acne and is a total nerd. After all
> thats the stereotypical RPG fan isn't it?

Hey! I haven't got WoW!
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:05
Regular
"relocated"
The thing with WoW is that isn't that beardy. Well, it is, but it's so much fun that you don't notice. And the fact that you can play so many different ways means that it attracts more than the usual geek crowd. I think anyone who played WoW would enjoy it. My girlfriend mocked me cruelly for playing it at first, then I made the mistake of making her have a go and now she totally loves it and wants a PC just so she can play it. She's really rubbish though: she just runs around with her various cat/rabbit/parrot pets and a rose in her off hand, and then refuses to log off until she can find a bed for her gnome to lie down on. Aaargh.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:03
Regular
"*~i no im sexy~*"
hi asl??? toany one out there who wants to chat on msn messenger ^_^
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Well if you want to say all women who are interested in RPGs/Fantasy stuff are fat and ugly...

Then I guess everybody here playing WoW is skinny in appearance, has thick glasses, a large dose of acne and is a total nerd. After all thats the stereotypical RPG fan isn't it?
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:00
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
> I really can't get to grips with the way people on the Internet
> never
> look the way you think they do, it's annoying.
>
> Because an avatar make up of triangles is a mirror image of what
> people look like in real life? Hell, at least he told you before you
> made an ass of yourself. ;D

You know exactly what I mean! I've got a nice mental image of what I think people look like, yet it's never right.

I don't wanna meet 99.99% of people I meet on the Internet though, because you're probably all fat and ugly.

Apart from you, because I love you. Unless you really are fat and ugly?
Thu 19/05/05 at 14:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> How many girls do you seriously think play bearded RPG's with Elfs and
> the like that don't have soldered va*inas with a cactus style slap on?

Very, very true. I know of one woman, and one woman only who was into fantasy and SF. She was a mighty heffer, and hadn't had a boyfriend in her life.
Thu 19/05/05 at 14:38
Regular
How many girls do you seriously think play bearded RPG's with Elfs and the like that don't have soldered va*inas with a cactus style slap on?
Thu 19/05/05 at 14:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
phi11ip wrote:
> I really can't get to grips with the way people on the Internet never
> look the way you think they do, it's annoying.

Because an avatar make up of triangles is a mirror image of what people look like in real life? Hell, at least he told you before you made an ass of yourself. ;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.