GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:20
Regular
Twilight Princess is set in Termina.

If you go to 1:45 in the E3 trailer it really looks like the outside of Clocktown.

And if it's set before WW it must be after Majora's Mask, and as we all know from WW, the Hero didn't return to save Hyrule.

Also the monkey bit looks a bit like the Deku Palace area in MM.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:20
Regular
Twilight Princess is set in Termina.

If you go to 1:45 in the E3 trailer it really looks like the outside of Clocktown.

And if it's set before WW it must be after Majora's Mask, and as we all know from WW, the Hero didn't return to save Hyrule.

Also the monkey bit looks a bit like the Deku Palace area in MM.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:25
Regular
If the hero didn't return to save Hyrule, then technically it can't be saved.

Or something crazy like that.

ALl this not doing it in a order starting from the beginning and ending at the end gives em a headache.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:33
Regular
Well in WW it says the Hero of Time stopped Ganon, but then Ganon came back and the Hero of Time didn't.

The horse is Epona, so this must be the Link from OOT and MM, who has now grown up properly (in other words, not been trapped in time etc.) and Lives in Termina.

The game must end with Hyrule being sunk by the Gods, it's already been established that the dead Sage of Earth in WW is one of the people living in the town you start in, in TP.

A lot of people think Link must die in this game for the events in WW to happen, but I disagree. He doesn't need to die to fade out of people's memory.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:39
Regular
Ah, you see, I've never played Majora's Mask, I just assumed that Link returned to Hyrule at the end of it, but he died (of old age after living a happy life) somewhere, and many years later, Ganon returned.

In fact, that's probably what did happen, but something else happens to Link during his life.

There's no way that Ninty would make another Zelda game without a proper Hyrule in it (OoT was the last one, what with MM being in Clock Town and you jsut sort of floating over Hyrule in WW.)

Whatever, I don't care, I'll find out when I get it.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Twilight Princess is set in Termina.

You mean partly? Nintendo have said numerous times it's definately set in Hyrule.

I wouldn't date anything just because the horse has the same name. If it's possible that Link and Zelda are re-born every few hundred generations or whatever then surely it's possible the horse is as well? :D

If Nintendo are going for continuity through the series (which they really haven't been bothered with to a large extent in the past, truth be told) then the game could end with Hyrule being flooded. But that's hardly a happy ending..
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:45
Regular
"0228"
munn wrote:
> Ah, you see, I've never played Majora's Mask

*shocked*
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Apparently this is an all new Link.

My guess is that the old Link from MM is just gone, and this is just some farmhand boy who the triforce power is passed on to, before Hyrule gets all flooded and whatnot.

Little Link is obviously not in Hyrule when Old link does the 2nd half of OOT, as he travels off to Termina. So after the world is restored in OOT and old Link disappears, we have a VERY long time for stuff to happen. The reason that they said the Hero of Time never returned in WW was because they were planning this game to be set AFTERWARDS, so they didn't include that. They could easily set this game in that gap between OOT and WW, but then have Link save the day but go back in time to stop the whole thing ever happening. This would mean that it never happened and so it never went down in the records.

The games don't fit together anyway.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh and the horse isn't Epona because you can name it yourself. Epona is just the name they gave it in the demo to make everyone feel at home.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
Maybe, it really looks like Clocktown in two videos though.

Nintendo stated this game linked the series together.
Thu 19/05/05 at 17:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They've said that it's Hyrule, though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.