GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perl: Use on HTML Docs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/11/03 at 19:07
Regular
Right, I've got a few Perl scripts, including a search script, that I've written, but I'm still not sure how to use scripts online.

The HTML looks something like this:

Obviously, not that simple, but you get the picture. The only problem is, when I try to use the script, it just tries to download the file. I think I'll have to send the variable data from the script to another webpage, but I'm not sure how.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?
Sun 23/11/03 at 19:07
Regular
Right, I've got a few Perl scripts, including a search script, that I've written, but I'm still not sure how to use scripts online.

The HTML looks something like this:

Obviously, not that simple, but you get the picture. The only problem is, when I try to use the script, it just tries to download the file. I think I'll have to send the variable data from the script to another webpage, but I'm not sure how.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?
Sun 23/11/03 at 22:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sounds like your server hasn't set its server right. Permissions?
Mon 24/11/03 at 09:13
Regular
I've tried on a few and the same thing happens, so I wouldn't have thought it'd be that.
Fri 12/12/03 at 19:28
Regular
POP
Sat 20/12/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Tag, your it... Har"
What exactly is your script trying to do?
Sat 20/12/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
When you say it just tries to download the file.... if you download the file and look at it, is it the actual perl script or just the output from the perl script?

If its the output, at a first guess I'd say either the content type isnt set or is set wrongly, make sure you have:

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

before you start printing out any html.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.