GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blink 182"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/11/03 at 19:08
Regular
Anyone got the new album?

Some may criticise it for being too different from their previous simple pop-punk variety of catchy tunes and simplistic lyrics. To be honest if I want to listen to that I'll buy one of the 10,000 clones that are around or listen to Blink's back catalogue. Their new album seems like a softer and more diverse rendition of Box Car Racer.

Perhaps alienating their fan base but it is a fantastic album and a band that can change who they are is a good band in my books. Like Limp Bizkit's new album.

If you don't like the band sod off you should know it's a matter of opinon.

But Blink fans, what do you think.

It may not be Blink's best album, after all it isn't a traditonal Blink album. But it is the smartest one to date.

Dringo.
Sun 30/11/03 at 15:38
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Is it out then?

I've heard Feelin this, and I love it. My favourite album is Enema of the State.
Wed 26/11/03 at 23:47
Regular
Oh on another note who is this holly that Blink mention in 2 songs?
Sun 23/11/03 at 23:00
Regular
Ah but SS has got to have that nice piano opening which was a real letter from Tom's grandmother to Tom's Grandfather.

Beautiful.
Sun 23/11/03 at 21:04
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
In my view, although a lot different to their past stuff, it is still very good. It might take me a bit of getting used to, but I like it.

My favourite tracks at the moment are probably Feeling This, I Miss You and Stockholm Syndrome. :)
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:26
Regular
Then you'll love this album.
Sun 23/11/03 at 00:42
Regular
"I'm Great."
I'll resever judgement until I listen to it all. I've heard the first single but that feels a little disconjointed (it is a word now if it wasn't before). I liked the previos albums but I did turn off The Mark, Tom and Travis show the other day. Not sure if I've become too mature for that.
Sun 23/11/03 at 00:15
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
The thing which is so great about this that I don't think many people have realised is the fact that since all their albums up to now have all been 'jokey' and more of the pop-punk variety, they can now go on and write another 5 albums in the 'emo' category rather than pop punk.

Anyone that calls their latest album pop punk is just stupid. Not that anyone has.
Sat 22/11/03 at 21:53
Regular
"aliens exist"
the new album is great, but because its blink it probably wont get the recognition it deserves,

its a bit more boxcar racer than blink182 though,

the best song is "i miss you" its awesome!
Sat 22/11/03 at 21:09
Regular
I've not heard it yet.

Big fan though, I've got the other cd's "Buddah, dude ranch, enema of the state and take off ur pants and jacket", Pants and jacket is the best album but perhaps the most clichéd.
Sat 22/11/03 at 20:08
Regular
Got it a few days ago.

I admit, It's gonna take me a while to get used to their new 'grown up' style, and if I can't then I can always listen to their old stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.