GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I take it all back..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 21:23
Regular
Nintendo's conference wasn't the dullest.

Sony's PS3 conference was.

"And here is another Microsoft Power Point screen showing more specs."
"And another."
"Now here's an IBM guy who worked on the Cell chip..."
" Yeah the Cell chip is the defining moment in my...what does that say?...oh yeah, career"
"Now some more powerpoint and figures"

Maybe it got better, but Sony failed to keep me interested. And I did try. I waited 15 minutes to be wowed, and istead nearly fell asleep.

Atleast when Nintendo gave figures, they didn't prattle on for too long, and it looked like they spent more time on their presentation skills than that Japanese guy who reminded me of the puppet of the Korean dictator in Team America.

And I know Nintendo did it in a recent Mario Kart title...but 2 exclamation marks? Jeez, I thought Sony were meant to be growed up?
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:23
Regular
Nintendo's conference wasn't the dullest.

Sony's PS3 conference was.

"And here is another Microsoft Power Point screen showing more specs."
"And another."
"Now here's an IBM guy who worked on the Cell chip..."
" Yeah the Cell chip is the defining moment in my...what does that say?...oh yeah, career"
"Now some more powerpoint and figures"

Maybe it got better, but Sony failed to keep me interested. And I did try. I waited 15 minutes to be wowed, and istead nearly fell asleep.

Atleast when Nintendo gave figures, they didn't prattle on for too long, and it looked like they spent more time on their presentation skills than that Japanese guy who reminded me of the puppet of the Korean dictator in Team America.

And I know Nintendo did it in a recent Mario Kart title...but 2 exclamation marks? Jeez, I thought Sony were meant to be growed up?
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:24
Regular
"Mozzy"
Ahahaha. So true.
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The duckys were cute though.
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:47
Regular
Atleast the Nintendo one had comedy value...

"And now I have another number to add to the mix....

2"

"Yeah!"
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Sony always start off with all the fiscal stuff. Didn't you keep watching? When they showed the PS3, that's when everyone was amazed. If you didn't even watch the whole thing how can you say it was boring?
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:24
"period drama"
[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/games/e32005/38.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/games/e32005/49.jpg[/URL]

That must have been some Sony conference.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:32
Regular
"bot"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/games/e32005/49.jpg[/URL]

hahaha I never tire of that.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:34
"period drama"
I'm so going to get a tattoo.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:55
Only "interesting" point was the awkward dialogue between Shigsy and that woman; and the dog moment, which we didn't get to see.

Ducky tech demo is best.
Fri 20/05/05 at 08:03
Regular
"Mozzy"
Both conferences were boring. Ninty's conference was mostly that Electroplancton game which looks crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.