GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I take it all back..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 21:23
Regular
Nintendo's conference wasn't the dullest.

Sony's PS3 conference was.

"And here is another Microsoft Power Point screen showing more specs."
"And another."
"Now here's an IBM guy who worked on the Cell chip..."
" Yeah the Cell chip is the defining moment in my...what does that say?...oh yeah, career"
"Now some more powerpoint and figures"

Maybe it got better, but Sony failed to keep me interested. And I did try. I waited 15 minutes to be wowed, and istead nearly fell asleep.

Atleast when Nintendo gave figures, they didn't prattle on for too long, and it looked like they spent more time on their presentation skills than that Japanese guy who reminded me of the puppet of the Korean dictator in Team America.

And I know Nintendo did it in a recent Mario Kart title...but 2 exclamation marks? Jeez, I thought Sony were meant to be growed up?
Sun 22/05/05 at 18:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Edgy wrote:
> My 'complaint' as you put it, which is moreso a comment on the show,
> was that it did not grip me like the other two shows did.

But you didn't watch the whole thing! You don't really have any right to complain about something you've not seen, have you?

> Hell, the
> games may have looked more impressive in the Sony show, but they
> didn't manage to keep me hooked as a viewer long enough to see them.

So you're saying that the Sony show might have been more impressive, but you were just too impatient to wait, so that makes the Nintendo conference better? Good one.
Sun 22/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
"8==="
This thread is more boring than either conference.
Sun 22/05/05 at 18:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Edgy wrote:
> Wow. I'd rather see the games in action. How they're gonna play. Etc.
> Not see a blown up photo of a microchip...

Excuse me, Edgy. You said you'd rather see games in action at the conference. They did show games in action, you just missed them.

You're complaining that you missed the bit with the games in. And how do you know that the games revealed wouldn't have made up for the boring 20 minutes? That's what all the journalists who were there said.

Fine if your argument is that the first 20 mintues was boring, but that doesn't mean the whole thing was rubbish, which is what you said, is it not?

Also, if you'd rather see games than microchips, why not watch the part of the conference with the games in it?
Sun 22/05/05 at 15:53
Regular
Heh - if you understood this topic, you'd know I'm not easily impressed.
Sun 22/05/05 at 13:56
Regular
"bot"
"Wow. I'd rather see the games in action. How they're gonna play. Etc. Not see a blown up photo of a microchip..."

you did see them...

The tech demos/game footage bit went on for quite some time.
It isn't very hard to skip past the fiscal stuff to get to the games.

As soon as I saw the games I forgot about the other stuff and didn't mind waiting. At least I had been waiting for something.

With the Nintendo conference, I got to sit around for ages to eventually see this:

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/games/e32005/49.jpg[/URL]

Wow. Exciting.
And Nitnendo's conference had plenty of financial crap too.

But maybe you're just easily impressed.
[URL]http://lorl.co.uk/comics/edgymark/1/1.jpg[/URL]
Sun 22/05/05 at 07:50
Regular
Gerrid, sorry to quote Dringo but:

Dringo wrote:
> No Gerrid. Stop being a moron.

My 'complaint' as you put it, which is moreso a comment on the show, was that it did not grip me like the other two shows did. Hell, the games may have looked more impressive in the Sony show, but they didn't manage to keep me hooked as a viewer long enough to see them. It's like any show, it's a failure if it doesn't keep you watching.

It's a good thing the show was for the journalists, those who had very little choice but to hear 20 minutes of "And these two exclamation marks just show that we are teh best!"

So I didn't stick around long enough to see the games. Duh! I told you that. Try to take in what people are saying before you respond.
Sat 21/05/05 at 22:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Edgy stop complaining that they didn't show any games. They did. It's a fact. Your inly complaint can be that you didn't stay around long enough to see them.
Sat 21/05/05 at 16:08
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Edgy wrote:
> It was like watching Celebrity Love Island without the mute and
> without the purposely risqué camera angles...

and the flies!
Sat 21/05/05 at 15:20
Regular
I did wait. 20 minutes of waiting at a games conference not to see a single shot of any games except the original Donkey Kong and Sonic the Hedgehog (and some PS1 games)
Sat 21/05/05 at 12:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Edgy wrote:
> Wow. I'd rather see the games in action. How they're gonna play. Etc.

If you'd waited that's what they did show

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.