GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Men 2???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/03/01 at 19:52
Regular
I have heard so many rumours that the director of the film X-Men is thinking about making a 2nd film. To be honest, if this rumour is true then I would probably go and watch it as I thought the first film was very good, apart from the disappointing ending. The ending finished as though there would be a 2nd film and if there is, then the first film is a 'must see' film but if that is the only X-Men film made, I advise you not to watch it as the ending is very disappointing.

Tell me what you think by reply to this message!

King Daz
Wed 21/03/01 at 14:32
I am a big X-men fan, and I thought the movie was dissapointing. The characters were all portrayed really great, Wolverine was spot on. But the story was very weak. It was supposed to be appealing to a new audiencce, which i guess it was,as few of my none X-men friends really liked it.
As they always planned a sequal and this was just an introduction, I will reserve my final judgment until I see both, and maybe the overall story will be good.
expect to see ice man in number 2, he has already appeared in the first movie, for a very short time.
'Bring on Gambit '
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Gambit was a possible cameo for the first film but he's been held out for the second (definite) but Beast was very nearly in the first film. The scene where Logan is first running around the school was to include a scene where he runs into a class being taught by Beast.

I don't know about the UK version but the US disc has a hidden menu with sketches of character designs for Beast and The Blob (also an earlier planned character).
Thu 15/03/01 at 21:53
Sound exciting looking into Wolverines past! Although it would be cool to have some more charcaters from the original comic!
Thu 15/03/01 at 19:47
Regular
What!!

Gambit AND the Beast weren't in the film!

That's made me not want to see it now!

ARGHHH!!!
Thu 15/03/01 at 12:36
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
X-men 2 should be finished by summer/winter 2002 in the States. The director is the same, the cast is the same and there should be some additions to the cast. The story is quite sketchy just now (it is still being written). Rumours are that the 2nd film will be even more centred on Logan/Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and show his past......into his "forgotten years". Believe it or not but Dougray Scott was supposed to play Wolverine in X-men but Mission Impossible 2 took much longer than expected so a new Wolverine had to be cast - Hugh Jackman.
Thu 15/03/01 at 08:10
Regular
"not dead"
I want Gambit.

Nay, I demand Gambit be a character in the next X-Men film!

Wed 14/03/01 at 19:48
"possibly impossible"
A lot of the other X-men from the comics were there as extras in the film, so I'm expecting to see a larger group of heroes in the second film.

At least there's a chance that some of the others will appear now that X-men has been such a success, they are likely to be able to spend even more on costume effects to bring characters like Beast into the fray.
Wed 14/03/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
The second film was never a rumour, it's always been planned (unless the first film bombed completely, of course). All of the main cast signed up for TWO films.

The plans were quickly expanded to a trilogy following the success of the first film. We could have another successful movie franchise on our hands, as long as it doesn't all go wrong or the public get bored of 'superhero' films over the next few years (X-Men 2, Spiderman, Superman, Fantastic Four and any that aren't announced yet).
Tue 13/03/01 at 21:05
As long as it doesnt go too cheesy it will be O.K. I wouldnt like it too go the way of the Batman films!
Tue 13/03/01 at 19:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Guarenteed to have a sequal

(currently beein written I think?)

Althogh wether its with the same director?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.