GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Documentaries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/11/03 at 23:52
Regular
Did anyone see the Piltdown Man thing tonight?
Excellent, I thought. I had a reasonable idea about the whole thing beforehand, but the part looking at the suspects for the hoax was great.
I think it's probably all the better for the fact that there's still no conclusive answer on who was responsible.
But is it just me, or do those old victorian-style photos freak anyone else out? *shudders* :^)

The Mayan thing was good too. Not so much for the particular theory, but just for a nice, brief enough, look at their civilisation.

And on sunday it's Kennedy :^D

Friday night and I'm watching then talking about documentaries.
On the internet.

I suck :^)
Fri 21/11/03 at 23:52
Regular
Did anyone see the Piltdown Man thing tonight?
Excellent, I thought. I had a reasonable idea about the whole thing beforehand, but the part looking at the suspects for the hoax was great.
I think it's probably all the better for the fact that there's still no conclusive answer on who was responsible.
But is it just me, or do those old victorian-style photos freak anyone else out? *shudders* :^)

The Mayan thing was good too. Not so much for the particular theory, but just for a nice, brief enough, look at their civilisation.

And on sunday it's Kennedy :^D

Friday night and I'm watching then talking about documentaries.
On the internet.

I suck :^)
Fri 21/11/03 at 23:58
Regular
I saw it. And the Mayan thing.
Aye.
And the photos were freaky. I'd like to try my hand at trying to make one? Double negatives? Must give a try. And what about that Lost World book? Do you think it ("bones can be faked easily" was a clue, or a passing phrase?
Sat 22/11/03 at 08:37
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Did anyone see the bible codes thing?

It was actually really good.
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:09
Regular
Mithras wrote:
> And the photos were freaky. I'd like to try my hand at trying to
> make one? Double negatives? Must give a try.

Heh. I actually just meant the normal photos. Especially the bald guy with the moustache :^)

>And what about that
> Lost World book? Do you think it ("bones can be faked
> easily" was a clue, or a passing phrase?

'As easily as photos', and he'd been accused of falling for the fake photos too. If it were Conan Doyle it'd be a sublime send-up :^D

Gígž wrote:
> Did anyone see the bible codes thing?

Heh, yeah. It was a shame how it ended though - with the only question hanging over it being two sides bickering about technicalities of one test...

The Moby Dick thing looked kind of damning, but then again most of the names supposedly only cropped up once in the bible...
Sun 23/11/03 at 01:53
Regular
Ah, anyone see the Kennedy thing tonight?

Yep, another weekend night in *sob*. The good news is that tonight's documentary was better than I'm expecting the assassination one to be tomorrow.
Other good news: I'm off out tomorrow night, so I'll have to tape that one. About time too :^)

Very interesting approach though: Point out that Kennedy is America's favourite ever president, then show him to be the father and master of style-over-content politics.
No anti-american feeling there, it's a global trend in mong electorates.

Still, his political maneuvering in the Cuban missile crisis seems pretty remarkable really. Certainly better than I'd previously given him credit for.

A president using peaceful and diplomatic methods to achieve things, rather than wading into a bloody, unwinnable war?
Methinks some people could learn a thing or two :^)
Sun 23/11/03 at 01:56
"I love yo... lamp."
The minor difference is that the Soviets could be negotiated with. Bin Laden and co aren't quite so helpful.

I have to give the guy credit though, managing to be president whilst on all that medication, I knew there was some but that was unbelievable.

And as for his fidelity, makes Bill look like a monk.
Sun 23/11/03 at 02:03
Regular
It'd have been interesting to see the extent of the.. 'influence' his family, in particulr his brother, had in the election campaign.

Looks like the whole florida thing might be fairly typical of what people with the muscle to flex will be willing to do :^S
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:17
Regular
Tonight: Kennedy Assassination

Very interesting, and it made a very solid case for the official version of events.

In their analysis of the second shot though, they purported to have traced a virtually exact path of the bullet - as if they'd actually calculated its path to lead back to the window, via the Colnel and Kennedy.
On the other hand they point out that in Oswald's earlier assassination attempt on the other guy, the bullet was deflected off its path as it passed through a pain of glass. The shot mentioned above went through a fricking person!

That's not to say it brings their whole argument down, the vast majority of their points still seem valid. But the simple truth is the program makers pretended to have a perfect calculated trajectory of the bullet, when it was in reality a much more piecemeal affair.

In the light of this bias and.. well, borderline dishonesty, you have to be a little more sceptical of their arguments.

Still, while it seems now that Oswald worked alone, there are still plenty of questions over whether he was working with/for someone.
But I guess that can never be answered conclusively.
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:19
Regular
Dr Duck wrote:
> Still, while it seems now that Oswald worked alone, there are still
> plenty of questions over whether he was working with/for someone.
> But I guess that can never be answered conclusively.

Lol, that didn't come out very well. I meant to say that though it seems he carried out the assassination alone, there is still the possibility of a conspiracy to plan it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.