GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dolphin Statistics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/08/00 at 07:49
Regular
If you are a true Nintendo fan and want to see the new Dolphin stats, join my club www.smartgroups.com/groups/Nintyrules

By the way, I will tell you that the N64 was able to use 3,000 polygons per second. The Dolphin uses 25,000,000,000 polygons per second.

Also, the Nintendo Dolphin is going to be able to transfer twice the amount of data than the Dreampants and Fony Greystation 2! This means faster and more accurate gaming without all the slowing down and bluriness!
Tue 15/08/00 at 23:23
All Nintendo mags have some amount of bias in them as they are about one thing: Nintendo software/Hardware

With PC mags however they are not just mainly about a certain PC or craze, etc. They are about anything to do with PC's. They are less likely to be biased aas so many companies make games for PC's as it's easier! Nintendo/Sony/Sega games are all made on some form of computer and that's why developers, especially for Sony and Sega who use disks make most of their games for PC! Tomb Raider is one example of this!

Insulting NOM is like insulting me! Nintendo are a very good games company! Without them the Playstation and Sega wouldn't exist at the same standards that they do today! Nintendo and Sega (another good gaming company) have been battling it out for years to be the greatest games company in the world and therefore have started Console Wars! Sony only became a games company cos thay had some small part in developing a disk drive forthe SNES and instead bought the new console off Nintendo! NOM is not based solely for kids! It is designed for all ages to understand! It is also Official! That's why it's good! You know that all the information is going to be correct! There's nothing worse than looking for cheats in an unofficial magazine and finding out after ages and ages that they don't work!

That's the end of my long long long long long message

Edgy!
Nintendo Rules Club creator and manager and The Pokémon Master!
Tue 15/08/00 at 17:49
Regular
Damn I always remember something when I've posted the reply... The review scores. Right, if the review scores are so close together, it makes it hard to choose a game to buy, which was the whole point of buying the magazine in the first place. Ł40 is a hell of a lot for me to fork out of my deep deep pockets, and I want to know what is really worth that much. NOM doesn't do that. This is why I am so angry at them for the review scores.
Tue 15/08/00 at 17:44
Regular
BUT... if you look at PC Gamer (Gods finest creation) none of their reviews are biased but they are reviewing for the one platform. Nintendo comes out with bad eggs every now and again, and Rareware aren't Gods believe it or not, they make mistakes too. About the Starcube thingy, read my I've just thought of something... thing. Also I don't believe I tried to insult anyone, except NOM.
Mon 14/08/00 at 23:14
I agree, you can say whatever you like on here but to those who do, you shouldn't insult each other on a discussion forum! (Sorry to anyone I may have insulted before)

BUT

Ofcourse Nintendo Official Magazine are biased but so are all other N64 mags! The only difference is that they are unofficial and tend to have lower scores than NOM! NOM has to tell the truth however and to prove they are telling the truth buy Gamesmaster magazine! They have exactly the same stats and say they are official but haven't pointed out the fact that the Dolphins hardware is better than PSX2 because they are biased towards Sony consoles/games!

I now also have Gameboy Advance stats on my site www.smartgroups.com/groups/Nintyrules that are from the Nintendo Official Magazine of America (Nintendo Powersource) website www.Nintendo.com

I have one of the first screenshots of the new Mario Kart game on my site.

And I also have a list of comfirmed developers for the Nintendo Dolphin.

Although one of you said that Dolphin is definately not going to be called Starcube, NOM think that it is. Even though I hope it's going to stay as Dolphin, I am still going to get it!

see ya!

Edgy!
Mon 14/08/00 at 22:29
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Good point Grix!

Zelda is a fantastic game! But it isn't 97% that-good in my view. I haven't seen anything on any console that can rival the sheer brilliance of Secret Of Mana on the Super NES.
Mon 14/08/00 at 21:36
Regular
Just remembered, NOM gets all its pictures from the internet as well, and that looks and is absoulute crap.
Mon 14/08/00 at 21:32
Regular
I don't think any N64 mags are good. I think the reviews in N64 mag are crap, and the reviews in NOM are so biased its unbelieveable. "Yes of course Zelda deserves 97%, its made by NINTENDO for Gods sake!" Also, I agree that NOM is aimed at about 4-10 year olds, and has ruined the reputation of Nintendo for doing so. Ask anyone who brought a Playstation why they won't buy a N64 and they will say "its more like a toy than a console." I also agree it should stay Dolphin. I love the name.
Sun 13/08/00 at 14:36
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
"leave NOM alone, it is a way cool magazine,"

I think that's a matter of opinion. And because it's my opinion, I think NOM reads like an issue of Rosie and Jim. The only half-decent Nintendo 64 magazine I've come across recently is N64 Magazine.

"you just have a problem with edgy bein more vleva in the nintendo department than you"

No, I have a problem with Edgy system bashing. What's the point? Why does someone feel the need to belittle another system?

And what the heck is 'vleva'?

"..and get it in to your head, dolophin won't b called star cube!!!!!!!! dolphin will be great and tha's that! now leave everyone alone!"

Did I say that the Nintendo Dolphin/Star Cube wasn't going to be any good? No, I didn't think so either. The question I asked is, if you'd read my post correctly, is that what other third-party software houses have committed to the Nintendo Dolphin/Star Cube?

In case you haven't noticed this is a DISCUSSION forum to discuss topics and if I want to post my opinion, I'll post my opinion.

And I'll keep referring to the Nintendo Dolphin/Star Cube as this, until an official statement is released concerning the name of the console.
Sat 12/08/00 at 22:04
leave NOM alone, it is a way cool magazine, you just have a problem with edgy bein more vleva in the nintendo department than you, but don't take it out on a mag! and get it in to your head, dolophin won't b called star cube!!!!!!!! dolphin will be great and tha's that! now leave everyone alone!
Sat 12/08/00 at 20:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
And you believe everything they tell you? Only a magazine like NOM can come up with stupid terms like "Greystation" and "Dreampants".

Like Pokemon, the magazine is aimed at 3-10 year olds.

We all know that Nintendo will release the obvious classics, as will Rare no doubt. But who else? What other third-parties have inked a deal to develop for the Nintendo Dolphin/Star Cube?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.