GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 This Year!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/03/01 at 13:13
Regular
According to Dailyradar MGS2 will be coming out this year!
The article said:

“Konami of America today confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for PlayStation2 will ship to retail outlets this fall -- thus crushing rumours to the contrary.”

Well some good news at last.
Tue 13/03/01 at 13:13
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
According to Dailyradar MGS2 will be coming out this year!
The article said:

“Konami of America today confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for PlayStation2 will ship to retail outlets this fall -- thus crushing rumours to the contrary.”

Well some good news at last.
Tue 13/03/01 at 13:59
But does that mean a UK release in 2001? We'll probably find that a 'Fall' release in the US will be September and the UK release will be Jan/Feb 2002.
I hope it DOES mean a 2001 UK release but I'm not going to hold my breath!!
Tue 13/03/01 at 14:10
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I would have thought that if it is coming out in fall in the US they will push for a release in the UK and Europe before Christmas and the X-Box and the GameCube.
Tue 13/03/01 at 14:14
Regular
"Complete Banker"
If that's the case I know what I'll be getting for Christmas - if I can wait that long...
Don't forget, of ZOE keeps it's 23/3 launch date that'll only be 1 day after the US release.... Things are looking hopeful!
Tue 13/03/01 at 16:56
It will be this year. They went on a BIG marketing scheme and put "2001: Year of the Snake!" on their advertisements.

I don't think they would gamle into next year.
Tue 13/03/01 at 18:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
Konami have apparantly said it will be out in Europe before the end of the year - They seem so damn sure!!
Somewhere I read earlier stated there will be no waiting for Europe like there was with the original MGS for PSOne!! That means only nine months to wait!!
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:09
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Well it’s better than a year!
Tue 13/03/01 at 21:03
Great, 3 months knocked off.
Tue 13/03/01 at 21:59
"High polygon count"
And assuming that ZOE doesn't slip, just 10 days to the demo...
Tue 13/03/01 at 22:16
Regular
Thanks Wookiee. I hadn`t realised that until you said it. I had got used to the fact that games I was really looking forward to were a long way off, so when you mentioned the 10 day thing it hit me by surprise.

I can`t wait! I think I`ll play ZOE first, not the demo. I like the sound of the actual game much more than the demo that accompanies it, even though it is a demo of what is likely to be one of the greatest games ever.

I have chosen The Bouncer and ZOE as gameaday prizes, and look forward to both, (I still have faith in the Bouncer to be a good game, even if it isn`t the greatest yet). I am trying to decide between Star Wars Starfighter / Gran Turismo 3 / Shadow of Memories / Oni as a gameaday claim for last saturday. Any suggestions? (Though having read Wookiee Monster`s last gameaday winner, I think I have a good idea which of the above he would recommend).

Thanks. ssxpro.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.