GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To be this good takes AGES?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/03/01 at 10:12
Regular
So how important a part do you envisage Sega will play in the next generation of consoles?

As I'm sure you all know Sega have given up on the hardware market, and will develop sofware for all platforms.

In which case, will they be just like EA? Releasing all of their games on every platform, pimping Sonic out for all he's worth? "Me Sonic, me love you long time baby!"

Or will Sega be more selective with their releases?

They have so many different franchises that they could quite easily do a few exclusives for each of the other machines, maybe with PS2 getting Virtua Fighter, Xbox getting MSR and GameCube getting Shenmue?

Or maybe Sega will maximise their profits by porting all of their games to all consoles.

Either way, we all know that they make some top games, and the next chapter in their story is sure to be an interesting one.
Tue 13/03/01 at 10:12
Regular
"not dead"
So how important a part do you envisage Sega will play in the next generation of consoles?

As I'm sure you all know Sega have given up on the hardware market, and will develop sofware for all platforms.

In which case, will they be just like EA? Releasing all of their games on every platform, pimping Sonic out for all he's worth? "Me Sonic, me love you long time baby!"

Or will Sega be more selective with their releases?

They have so many different franchises that they could quite easily do a few exclusives for each of the other machines, maybe with PS2 getting Virtua Fighter, Xbox getting MSR and GameCube getting Shenmue?

Or maybe Sega will maximise their profits by porting all of their games to all consoles.

Either way, we all know that they make some top games, and the next chapter in their story is sure to be an interesting one.
Tue 13/03/01 at 11:13
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I don't think that SEGA will ship too many of their fancy titles over to another console until very near the end of their game production. I think we might even see a Shenmue triology in the works, but as soon as the Dreamcast games stop, I think that the more popular titles like VF and Sonic will go to new homes. I think Sega like the way Nintendo are talking about REAL gaming, and how they want to make it soooo much better. And at the moment Nintendo are the only ones Sega can trust to get sonic into a fun game. Sony would just use him to sell PS2's and Microsoft would use him to get the console going so no-one but Nintendo, bless 'em, would be able to give Sonic the title and sort of game that is in the intrests of gaming!

The Game
Tue 13/03/01 at 11:18
Regular
I think that Sega will play an important role in the future.

To be honest with you i think that which ever next generation console they supporrt the most will be the one that does the best. Simply because Sega make amazing games.

I dont have any problems with Sega developing for the Nintendo Games Cube, or Microsoft's X-Box, both of which seem quite likely to me as there are already links between the companies.
Sega has already announced games ofor the GBA and 'Cube, and the DC did use a version of Windows CE so the initial links are there.

What I really don't want to see is Sega developing for Sony, I don't know why either.

I have to say i do dislike Sony, maybe in the same way that people dont like a smart alec. Sony justcame into the console market and won by a country mile with the launch of the PS. Although I dislike Sony i still try and respect them for what they have done, as is mentioned in another thread.
Tue 13/03/01 at 11:43
"High polygon count"
> And at the moment Nintendo
> are the only ones Sega can trust to get sonic into a fun game. Sony
> would just use him to sell PS2's and Microsoft would use him to get
> the console going so no-one but Nintendo, bless 'em, would be able
> to give Sonic the title and sort of game that is in the intrests of
> gaming!

I fail to see any logic in this. If Sega make the game, it is Sega who decide whether the game is any fun or not! It has nothing to do with Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft. Use of Sonic as any type of mascot for the PS2 would have to be agreed by Sega, and I don't see that happening.
Tue 13/03/01 at 13:24
Regular
"not dead"
Sega, Sega, Sega! All Sega must go. At the Sega HQ we're slashing games in half! This is a Sega blow out! Make us an offer on our vast selection of Sega! We got white Sega, black Sega, action Sega, racing Sega, hot Sega, cold Sega, fighting Sega, fishing Sega, big Sega, bloody Sega, RPG Sega, shooting Sega, classic Sega, velvet Sega, silk Sega, Naugahyde Sega, snappin' Sega, horse Sega, dog Sega, mule Sega, fake Sega! If we don't have
it, you don't want it!

Take advantage of our penny Sega sale. Buy any piece of Sega at our regular price, you get another piece of Sega, of equal or lesser value, for a penny.

Now try and beat Sega for a penny!

If you can find cheaper Sega anywhere, play it!

An adaptation from a small monologue from film of a few years back.
Tue 13/03/01 at 17:17
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Given the steadily growing list of games Dreamcast games that are begin axed befre release...

SEGA are in a unique position, not only is their name known... But so is the feel of their software. Rather like a Disney piece... each film is about a diffenerent subject... but is always identifiable as a Disney movie.

Although with their new software development thing going on... And given their chats with many console developers... I can see then spending a lot of time developing a game Sonic2002 and then poring the design over to the different platforms...

Tweaking graphics to taste... rather like PS1 ports to the PC...
Tue 13/03/01 at 17:36
Regular
And what PS1 to PC ports had improved grpahics? Certainly hardly any of the Capcom games, they blatantly looked like PS1 titles.
Tue 13/03/01 at 18:33
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Metal Gear Solid
Wed 14/03/01 at 07:47
meka_dragon:

That may not have been a good movie, but I loved the humour in it, particularly that part. =)

On SEGA:

Man, these guys are going to prove significant; the scary thing is--they know it. I mean, come on, Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft all wanted to buy them after the announcement. Frankly, their creative freedom and love for gaming, not to mention recent comments by their spokespersons, seem to lead them inevitably more towards the Gamecube than the other two. I've a feeling they're more fond of their old, arch rival than they are of Microsoft or Sony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.