GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Akira animation Cells"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/11/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ok, for the last 10 years I’ve had these three Akira animation cells sitting at my parent’s house collecting dust. I didn’t know what to do with them as you can display them framed and on the wall, because the outline ink will fade.

My brother came up this weekend with my 30th birthday present for me. The cells, protected, the original outlines traced onto another cell with indelible ink, the backgrounds ripped from the DVD and colour printed, characters photoshopped out and the original cells raised slightly so you can see the detail. Framed A4 with a silver border.

What a star :)

The three I have: -

The dog attacking the bloke with the experimental kid, gun just about the fire.
Tetsuo, on his bike coming from the alleyway, knocking over the crates.
Tetsuos mother, looking down just before she gives him to the hospital.

They look *magnificent*
Wed 19/11/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ok, for the last 10 years I’ve had these three Akira animation cells sitting at my parent’s house collecting dust. I didn’t know what to do with them as you can display them framed and on the wall, because the outline ink will fade.

My brother came up this weekend with my 30th birthday present for me. The cells, protected, the original outlines traced onto another cell with indelible ink, the backgrounds ripped from the DVD and colour printed, characters photoshopped out and the original cells raised slightly so you can see the detail. Framed A4 with a silver border.

What a star :)

The three I have: -

The dog attacking the bloke with the experimental kid, gun just about the fire.
Tetsuo, on his bike coming from the alleyway, knocking over the crates.
Tetsuos mother, looking down just before she gives him to the hospital.

They look *magnificent*
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:33
"Darkness, always"
Awesome. I remember watching Akira some years ago on BBC2 (the superior subtitled version) as part of some Japanese culture season. Must have been about 14. Triggered my love for anime, although it transpired that I had unknowingly watched much of it before.

Before I knew it, I was sitting down watching things like Judge, 3x3 Eyes, Venus Wars, Project A-KO, Doomed Metropolis, etc. None on the same level as Akira of course, but still top stuff.

The soundtrack to Akira is something I've oft considered purchasing, but never got round to.
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:34
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Pretty damn fine, where can you get the animation cells for other anime/manga and their hybrids?
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
TheGingerbreadman wrote:
> Pretty damn fine, where can you get the animation cells for other
> anime/manga and their hybrids?

Found some here

http://www.nichibeianime.com/celtitle.html

But be warned, they are expensive for what you get. I got mine from the "Manga Mania" (long time ago) and they were only supposed to give away one an application. They messed up with mine though and sent us 6, 3 for me, 3 for my brother :)
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:45
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Awesome. I remember watching Akira some years ago on BBC2 (the
> superior subtitled version) as part of some Japanese culture season.
> Must have been about 14. Triggered my love for anime, although it
> transpired that I had unknowingly watched much of it before.

I saw it then too. I seem to remember they had a programme (hosted by Jonathan Ross) all about Japanese anime. I still have it on video somewhere I think.
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Awesome. I remember watching Akira some years ago on BBC2 (the
> superior subtitled version) as part of some Japanese culture season.

Aye, subtitled is definitely the best.

"Just when my line was reaching the green line", in That Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles voice still makes me cringe on the dubbed American version.
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:52
"Darkness, always"
Indeed. The voice actor for Leonardo the gay friendly turtle was horribly miscast as Kaneda the biker-gang leader and laser toting anti-hero.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.