GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Selling Laptop and Cloning Hard Drive"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/11/03 at 14:59
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Ive been told to sell my laptop instead of chucking it. Why u may ask is cos i have a 1.2ghz celeron with 15 gb hardrive windows xp etc but the problem is i cant turn it on cos my power buttons broke so instead of having it fixed i bought a new one, what i want to know is how much do u think i wld get for it on ebay?

Also

At the shop the bloke said that i could clone my hdd to get all my info how would i do that?
Wed 19/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> I'll give you £8 for it

i'll give him £9 even though i have a laptop, buts its not my friend anymore, damn laptop!
Wed 19/11/03 at 12:55
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I'll give you £8 for it
Wed 19/11/03 at 11:36
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Yep, my laptop is OK to leave on for 36 hours continuously, but then the heat becomes a problem, very quick to cool down though which is good.
Tue 18/11/03 at 20:59
Regular
fiƒi[oV] wrote:
> No, it'd involve pulling the hard drive out of your laptop (not a
> tricky thing to do)

Yup, I pulled mine out and waved it about to cool it down not so long ago.

Err.

I'm sure that's normal.
Tue 18/11/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
No, it'd involve pulling the hard drive out of your laptop (not a tricky thing to do), plugging it in to the PC (via the speail IDE cable) and copying the data to the PC hard drive, then shoving the lappy drive back in to it.
Tue 18/11/03 at 19:44
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
With the power button i think the spring under the button dont work and do i need to have my laptop on to do the ide cable thing?
Tue 18/11/03 at 18:42
Regular
To clone your laptop disk you will need to get a special IDE cable so it can interface with your pc, these are not expensive, Depending on what is wrong with the laptop power button will depend on price to sell at, if it is a physical button problem then you could get £300 - £400 for it (depending on other features) but if it is due to a faulty motherboard then you may only be able to get £100 - £150 for it as a new motherboard for it will not be cheap.

Colin
Tue 18/11/03 at 18:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Cloning drives is easy if you can connect them both to the same computer. This, however, may be a mission with a laptop disk.
Tue 18/11/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Vamp wrote:

> At the shop the bloke said that i could clone my hdd to get all my
> info how would i do that?

You can use norton ghost to transfer the contents of one hard disk over onto another, i tried to do it when I got a new laptop but it failed to work as planed so I ended up just transfering all files over and re-installing programs I needed.

Somone might be able to offer advice as to how you would do it. But if you havn't got a lot already that you need to copy over then I would just leave it.
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:59
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Ive been told to sell my laptop instead of chucking it. Why u may ask is cos i have a 1.2ghz celeron with 15 gb hardrive windows xp etc but the problem is i cant turn it on cos my power buttons broke so instead of having it fixed i bought a new one, what i want to know is how much do u think i wld get for it on ebay?

Also

At the shop the bloke said that i could clone my hdd to get all my info how would i do that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.