GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quite possibly the stupidest spies in the world"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Sun 22/05/05 at 12:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy & Hedfix, Splinter Cell operatives.
Co-op mode.
Haven't laughed so much in ages, and haven't stayed up till 5am when I'm due out at 10pm so a long while either.
Revolutionary AI? Possibly, but for all the wrong reasons. And the use of the headset microphones to distract/alert the guards is genius, for all the wrong reasons.

A room with 3 guards talking in. Goatboy goes to use the optic cable on the door and, instead, bashes it open and proceeds to crouch in the doorway. Hedfix laughing like a hyena and Goatboy shuffling frantically backwards whispering "S&*t S&*t S&*t S&*t" into the darkness.
"Hello?" says the intelligent guard, "Somebody's there" and heads off through the door on the other side of the room, with the two spies shouting "HELLO TERRORIST!" "OVER HERE!" "COOOOOOEYY" to no avail.

The spies in an airduct, covertly plannning their entrance into the room.
"You shoot the guy in that room, I'll bang this guy soon as you shoot"
"'k"
Hedfix takes his guy down, and Goatboy's target suddenly flings himself away from the desk and sprints into the next room to unload into Hedfix whilst Goatboy dangles from the vent shouting "I'm stuck! I'm stuck!"

Sneaking into a room with two guards watching television. Simple enough, I'll take the guy on the left, Hedfix guy on right. Except we decide to play with the television to make them get up. Hedfix takes his guy down whilst Goatboy waddles after his quarry like a rubbish Benny Hill around the room, all the time Hedfix laughing and shooting the tv.

Too many other moments to mention, because it was very late/early and my brain no work.
But I'm not sure the CIA will be selecting us based on our performances last night.
So many times Goatboy landing on Hedfix/vice versa from high and knocking the other out.
Or Goatboy running across a lobby with Hedfix keeping the lasers off by targetting them. Until Goatboy reaches halfway, then they come back on and swiftly go off.
"Sorry mate, I thought you were going to break my beam"
"ahahahahahahahaha"
Guard "I heard something"
"NO YOU DIDN'T"
"NO SPIES IN HERE"
"GO AWAY BAD MAN"
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:45
Regular
"8==="
Yeah, I'll be there. :)
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ahahaha.
I'll be back on around 9ish for some more awesome stealth skills if you're about
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:34
Regular
"8==="
"Lalalalalalalalalalalalala!"

"Is somebody out there?"

*Smashes guard in face with door*

or the bit when we went round the other side of those guards, smashed one withthe door and you sticky-cammed the wall behind them so they unloaded on the cam (on a closed door!) as we stabbed them both in the back.
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've never seen stupider gaurds in my life.
Or the guy in the control room.
"Is somebody there?"
"NO"
"CERTAINLY NOT"
"NO SPIES OUT HERE MATE"

Or the flashbang/stick camera massacre.
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:25
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
>
> A room with 3 guards talking in. Goatboy goes to use the optic cable
> on the door and, instead, bashes it open and proceeds to crouch in
> the doorway. Hedfix laughing like a hyena and Goatboy shuffling
> frantically backwards whispering "S&*t S&*t S&*t
> S&*t" into the darkness.
> "Hello?" says the intelligent guard, "Somebody's
> there" and heads off through the door on the other side of the
> room, with the two spies shouting "HELLO TERRORIST!"
> "OVER HERE!" "COOOOOOEYY" to no avail.

That they shuffled out the OTHER door on the opposite side of the room as we were doing this was just too much. XD
Sun 22/05/05 at 15:14
Regular
Heh, I have it on my PC, pretty good fun. I've managed to complete three of the levels. Unfortunatly, I haven't really had any funny moments, but it's good fun. When are the new maps coming out?
Sun 22/05/05 at 13:13
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Referring to yourself in the 3rd person, eh?
Sun 22/05/05 at 13:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I definitely am, fantastic fun. I got doorslammed and just lay on the floor unable to see anything whilst a laughing Hedfix saying "Why wont I stab him? Why wont I stab him?" as the guard unloads at everything.
It's an experience to have a guard 2ft away swing a machinegun at you because he heard you snorting laughter back at watching your teamate struggling to climb out a window
Sun 22/05/05 at 12:57
Regular
Heh

Still haven't managed to play through all of co-op as they people I've been playing with have got bored half way through and never played again. What I have played though has been enjoyable with some excellent moments.

Funniest thing that can happen is waiting for a guard to come so you can slam the door on him, only for him to notice you and slam the door back on you. This happened to one of my friends and it sent him flying about 10 foot across the room, I was laughing too much to react and got shot in the face.

Also one person sitting in a vent waiting to drop down and take out a guard, the other waiting at a door leading into the same room to do a sort of rush move and take out both guards at the same time. "5,4,3,2,1 GO!!!!" except both guards had left the room by the other door "WTF?" they'd run around the back of us and before we knew it we were both corpses on the floor "F***!"

Anyone up for some co-op sometime this week?

I need to complete these levels before the 2 new ones come out.
Sun 22/05/05 at 12:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy & Hedfix, Splinter Cell operatives.
Co-op mode.
Haven't laughed so much in ages, and haven't stayed up till 5am when I'm due out at 10pm so a long while either.
Revolutionary AI? Possibly, but for all the wrong reasons. And the use of the headset microphones to distract/alert the guards is genius, for all the wrong reasons.

A room with 3 guards talking in. Goatboy goes to use the optic cable on the door and, instead, bashes it open and proceeds to crouch in the doorway. Hedfix laughing like a hyena and Goatboy shuffling frantically backwards whispering "S&*t S&*t S&*t S&*t" into the darkness.
"Hello?" says the intelligent guard, "Somebody's there" and heads off through the door on the other side of the room, with the two spies shouting "HELLO TERRORIST!" "OVER HERE!" "COOOOOOEYY" to no avail.

The spies in an airduct, covertly plannning their entrance into the room.
"You shoot the guy in that room, I'll bang this guy soon as you shoot"
"'k"
Hedfix takes his guy down, and Goatboy's target suddenly flings himself away from the desk and sprints into the next room to unload into Hedfix whilst Goatboy dangles from the vent shouting "I'm stuck! I'm stuck!"

Sneaking into a room with two guards watching television. Simple enough, I'll take the guy on the left, Hedfix guy on right. Except we decide to play with the television to make them get up. Hedfix takes his guy down whilst Goatboy waddles after his quarry like a rubbish Benny Hill around the room, all the time Hedfix laughing and shooting the tv.

Too many other moments to mention, because it was very late/early and my brain no work.
But I'm not sure the CIA will be selecting us based on our performances last night.
So many times Goatboy landing on Hedfix/vice versa from high and knocking the other out.
Or Goatboy running across a lobby with Hedfix keeping the lasers off by targetting them. Until Goatboy reaches halfway, then they come back on and swiftly go off.
"Sorry mate, I thought you were going to break my beam"
"ahahahahahahahaha"
Guard "I heard something"
"NO YOU DIDN'T"
"NO SPIES IN HERE"
"GO AWAY BAD MAN"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.