GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Letter to SR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/03/01 at 21:17
Regular
Dear SR

Ok I know you are busy in there but i've been here a damn long time and after writting what I see as top class reviews and great topics in discussions i've got second opinions and they think they are outstanding.

er-no has won befor but he is still writing top class material and he is still not winning.

I don't just write in to win actually most of the time I do it for fun but it would be nice for a little confidence boost.

Am I really that bad! i've got many a review in N64 magazine and previously N64 Pro and I felt I had the capabilities to be a great journalist but now I feel maybe i'm not as good as I thought.

Am i just missing a little something or am i contributing great things when other do the same.

I will continue to write but maybe I could do with some pointers in the right direction in particullar by Grix.

Anyway back to Arguing

Yours

Dringo
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:46
Regular
If it was the other one though... it would describe the feelings of many a newbie... AND help them to win!

I should be knighted.

(For that?)

No, just for my general abilities.
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:45
Pb said it posts should be short and to the point, with maybe a bit of humour thrown in!
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:44
Regular
lol @ FUCIT :)

Before mods delete or edit that remember that the European pronounciation of that would be "fU-sit"
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:39
Regular
"not dead"
Here's a suggestion.

Quit your moaning before I give you a cyberslab!

No wait, too late!

*SLAP*
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:32
"possibly impossible"
Hey Grix! Wasn't stealing your thunder there! :)

Yeah, I agree.
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:30
Regular
Hey pb... he said me. ;)

Just remember the FUCIT rule.

Funny. Must make people laugh.

Understandable. Must be of good spelling, and paragraphs are VERY important.

Concise. Don't make it too lengthy.

Informative. Try and tell us something we DON'T know.

Truthful. Try to give a valid opinion, and don't make biased statements.

Just remember that, and you are halfway there!
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:28
"possibly impossible"
Have you started many topics here or in other forums, rather than just doing reviews? I know I don't tend to frequent some of the other forums, so I may have missed your posts.
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:23
Regular
This is my first complaint and after a year of being here and still winless i feel a bit disgrunted.
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:21
"possibly impossible"
I find that, even though writing good topics can get a win, writing in some humour as well can make all the difference.

Also, writing long pieces can be detrimental in my opinion, so if you say what you're going to say in about 3 paragraphs then it's less for everyone to read.

The only other piece of 'advice' is, don't post any more messages about not winning otherwise people might get fed up! (everyone does it once, but some people do it a lot!)

This is just my opinion, mind you and I may be going in completely the wrong direction. But good luck anyway, and lets hope you win.

Mon 12/03/01 at 21:21
Regular
Hey i know haven't won in 4 months and i think i post good stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.