GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One Disc Edition?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/11/03 at 18:46
Regular
"not dead"
Am the the only one that was happy to see X-Men 2 released on both two disc edition, as well as a single disc?

I for one very rarely watch the special features, so if I can pay less, and still get the movie, I'm all for it.

Hopefully the 1-Disc version will sell well, and other movies will also get the basic, cheaper, release.

Prices are coming down nicely too before Christmas, with new released available under £15. Well under in some cases.

Hoorah indeed.
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I've seen it, in Blockbuster.

Bought the single edition, as I now never watch Special Features.

I hope this continues, as for 12 quid it was a great buy.
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:27
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
some extras are good others are rubbish and just have the same interviews on all of them.
Cant say ever watch tv spots or trailers but do watch deleted scenes.
Mon 17/11/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I like extras and tend to buy DVDs which have them rather than not. For me I find it interesting how they did special effects, how they filmed it etc. You get to appreciate the film more in some aspects and get a better idea of all the work that went into it. I would still get a DVD with no extras if it was a film I really liked, but I would also get a average film if it was packaged with tons of extras and at a decent price.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:59
Regular
"That's right!"
Trailers are great, shows you how the film was marketed, and sometimes contain scenes that didn't make it to the final cut.

I usually don't get around to watching a lot of special features, because with some films I really don't care. I'll watch the film, then take the DVD out before realising I wanted to watch the features, then can't be bothered putting it back in.

Others I'll watch eagerly, they're useful for learning stuff about film making.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:56
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I watch extras on films that I really like, for example Usual Suspects. I think they include extras because you could just record it off the tele and you have a perfectly watchable version.
Also, if there is a film with a 2 disc collection and a 1 disc collection I would buy the 2 disc so I don't miss out on anything.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
The second discs are generally very boring. I don't really want to watch a half hour video of how they made the film and a few interviews. And why is it on some they have a trailer for the film you've just seen? Never understood why they bothered.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:46
Regular
"not dead"
Am the the only one that was happy to see X-Men 2 released on both two disc edition, as well as a single disc?

I for one very rarely watch the special features, so if I can pay less, and still get the movie, I'm all for it.

Hopefully the 1-Disc version will sell well, and other movies will also get the basic, cheaper, release.

Prices are coming down nicely too before Christmas, with new released available under £15. Well under in some cases.

Hoorah indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.