GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BB Guns and Fireworks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/11/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Matrix rules"
How pathetic are BB Guns. They fire stupid little yellow pellets that in the end can actually really hurt someone. Is there an actually purpose to them except to fire yellow balls, hurt people, look real which sometimes they dont and half the time break after say a week! The main atrosity is that my review of Gladius was beaten by a review of a BB Gun! What can you say about it. ermm it fires pellets and looks really cool and kills people and is really well made blah blah blah. Its all rubbish! I think that BB Guns are the most useless waste of money after fireworks which are also very boring. How fun is seeing something go in they air and explode into about three colours and they only last a second! To finish off i'd like to ask What is the point of buying BB Guns and/or Fireworks!
Tue 18/11/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Funny taste of lemon in the air.

Bitter people. :o)

If you don't win, STFU and try again.

Point taken yes?

(This was to the guy winging about not winning because of a BB gun review)

We've all been there, but we don't need anymore of it.
Tue 18/11/03 at 18:25
Regular
"Matrix rules"
Were not talking about Saturday were talking bout BB Guns and Fireworks and how useless they are, how pointless they are and how much money is wasted on them and some people disagree
Tue 18/11/03 at 18:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
WHAT!?
Tue 18/11/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Kyz21 wrote:
> And if there is one thing I have learnt, don't winge about not
> winning, your time shall come.

*has a heart attack*
Tue 18/11/03 at 10:57
Regular
"Matrix rules"
Thanks for the tips ill use them. I understand it werent the best review but I aint very good at them. I have won before under the same name but my account was wiped i dunno why.
Mon 17/11/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Teal'c"
It was a toss review.

"the graphics in this game are especially good and it is what you would call "great"
Mon 17/11/03 at 19:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
Why was saturday so bad?
Mon 17/11/03 at 19:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
15/11/03

rubbish.
Mon 17/11/03 at 19:54
"period drama"
Bad reviews can win GAD, y'know.
Well, I won for a 6/10. That's pretty bad.
Mon 17/11/03 at 19:39
Regular
"SOUP!"
Being the nice guy that I am I checked your stats to see your review and to be honest I am not surprised I won against your review. You see if you had taken to time to look at my review you would realise that it is about 3 times as long as yours and uses decent spelling too.

I'll give you some pointers with reviews ok, so I expect a big thank you.
First of all, there is a 3,000 character word limit, SR dont put that there for a laugh, they put it there to be filled. Writing 1,000 characters is nothing, 3,000 allows for a good description of a game.

Your review was as follows:

"I recently played a demo of this game. At first I found it very confusing and different but then i started to play more and started to understand what I was doing and I started to enjoy playing the game. "

This shows you dont have the full game and cant review it propperly, and saying it is confusing and hard are going to put people off buying it, that isnt much of a reason to give you a £50 game. You followed with,

"The game is a turn-based RPG/strategy. The game itslef revolves around 2 characters which at the start of the game you have to decide who you wish to play the first part of the game as either Ursula or Valens. You then fight battles in a turn-based mode where you decide where your characters move in connection with the amount of spaces they can move per go."

This is a good little rundown of the game as should be at the start of your review, you could go into detail about the characters a bit more.

"Then when you are close enough to the enemy you can attack and a small bar appears at the bottom of the screen and you have to press the X button at the right moment to do the most amount of damage although this seems quite repetitive and it is during the game you learn different techniques and skills that you can use in the battles which adds more variation."

You sound like an instruction manual, you make the game sound very limited and small. Expand.

"The battles are set out in a to tournaments"

That makes no sense,

"and you have to fight all the battles in one tournament to progress to the next this is more or less the game but with variations in every battle"

You make the game sound smaller than kate moss's waistline

"techniques you can learn and the fact that it is a good strategy/turn-based RPG"

Yes, you've said!

"maked Gladius a game for fans of this style of game and fans of Dynasty Tactics"

*make. Not a bad summary.

You can see you need to add much more filler into the review to make it worth reading. If you type your review on Word you can do a word count and see how many characters you have used up, try and aim for a bit under 3,000, about 600 words.

Have a read of some reviews by Totoro, Aliboy, Rickoss and Dark Mark to see how to write reviews well. Don't take me as being patronising here, I'm trying to give you the help I got when I first arrived, many years ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.