GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The taste of childhood"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/11/03 at 16:18
Regular
"Light of the world"
After just noshing on the leftover prawn crackers i decided to make myself a tea.

Dark - dash of milk and a nice spoonful of sugar. Whats missing? I never have biscuits. I do not know why but since I passed about ten I just havent had them but people

CUSTARD CREAMS!

They are a bundle of specialness in two crunches and a soft centre. I found a little tub of them in the cupboard and thought 'whattathehella' and all my childhood has rushed back to me. The way you dip the biccy into the tea or hot chocolate. You end up with a million residue lying at the bottom of your cup so when you drink the last bit it is all bitty and nasty. But the biscuit actually soaks up the tea and is great!?

You can eat a custard cream in two muntches - one muntch
Or take it apart so you have one flat of biscuit then you lick and muntch of the custardy bit from the other then demolish the lot!

Custard creams people are brilliant. Cookies are brilliant. Biscuits have weened their way back into my heart and now I want a hob nob!

What are the foods and delights that remind you of your childhood/earlier childhood? (I could not have many sweets due to the E - zones ... yes had the effect of LCD on me)

Please do share - we have done old skool cartoons and rosie and jim clearly rocks

Your old skool muntch please
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Club. Trio TRIIIIIIO.

Chocolate Dips were also exquisite.
Mon 17/11/03 at 17:22
Regular
"\\"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> NERDS!

The rule mucho.
Mon 17/11/03 at 17:18
Regular
I like dipping shortbread in tea!
Mon 17/11/03 at 17:18
Regular
Hob nobs are cool....
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Light of the world"
But they taste damn good
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hobnobs are the most hideously addictive biscuits ever concieved.

Evil they are, evil.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Light of the world"
Hob nobs..

I loved hob nobs - they were so nutty, the kind of biscuits that grinded in your teeth you could feel them work

ooooooo I say
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> But they are better than coconut macaroons - my dad loves them

That's just wrong!
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Light of the world"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Ginger nuts!

If I had not continued to read - I thought it was a cheap gag in my expense
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:29
Regular
"AFC 4EVA"
619 da 2nd wrote:
> erm...hovis i think they were called

talking about the loaf of bread shaped biscits

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.