GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Printers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/11/03 at 15:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
I have to print an whole media project off with all colourful la-di-da borders because "The exam board like it to be pretty" but my printer is utterly naff. It's ok for printing words but whenever I print colours I get streaky lines through it and stuff. It looks entirely unpresentable!

I have an Epson stylus 640, it is, admittedly, a dinosaur of a machine and it does have its archaic charms, but I cannot be doing with it any more! I am going to have to root around in the loft for some glossy paper as when I print on that there arent any marks in the colours (I think because it is shiny the rollers smudge the ink and fill the gaps).

Anyway, how much are decent printers nowadays, I might invest.

*goes to forrage for glossy paper*
Mon 17/11/03 at 15:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
I have to print an whole media project off with all colourful la-di-da borders because "The exam board like it to be pretty" but my printer is utterly naff. It's ok for printing words but whenever I print colours I get streaky lines through it and stuff. It looks entirely unpresentable!

I have an Epson stylus 640, it is, admittedly, a dinosaur of a machine and it does have its archaic charms, but I cannot be doing with it any more! I am going to have to root around in the loft for some glossy paper as when I print on that there arent any marks in the colours (I think because it is shiny the rollers smudge the ink and fill the gaps).

Anyway, how much are decent printers nowadays, I might invest.

*goes to forrage for glossy paper*
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:00
"I love yo... lamp."
I picked up an Epson Sylus Photo 830U about a month ago for £75ish. Great printer, cheap ink (5 black and 5 colour carts for £25). So yeah I would recommend it.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Laughingstock"
An arm and a leg. Or is it just an arm? I forget.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
I couldt find any glossy paper so I printed it on "best quality" on normal paper - it looks pretty good but it took about 3 minutes for 1 sheet.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Got an epson photo 950 here, i think it was £350.

But all the colours have seperate ink cartridges, so you only have to replace what you use. It can print onto cd's as well.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:15
Regular
"SOUP!"
I don't have a spare £350 knocking around!
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:47
Regular
"..."
Freaky, you must be like my secret twin brother. I also have an Epson Stylus 640 that is old and crap, and today have been looking for a new printer as there some important bits i need to print out.

I am thinking of getting this one:

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG9423_hewlett_packard_de.html

It got rated 5/5 buy both computer shopper and computer buyer magazine, plus its only £63.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Borderless has been spelt wrong.

:)
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
Not a bad price, but it looks a little like an air conditioner.

Stats are good for it, I may well buy it. How odd, I am Darkus' estranged twin brother in search of improved printing facilities. Just great.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:56
Regular
"..."
It dont look that bad,its just the pic we have makes it look like a bread bin. Does your old epson still take paper in okay? Mine kinda munches the paper and leaves a cool black ink smear down one side of it. And when you wanna print something on screen thats red, it comes out green. Its wicked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.