GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Printers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/11/03 at 15:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
I have to print an whole media project off with all colourful la-di-da borders because "The exam board like it to be pretty" but my printer is utterly naff. It's ok for printing words but whenever I print colours I get streaky lines through it and stuff. It looks entirely unpresentable!

I have an Epson stylus 640, it is, admittedly, a dinosaur of a machine and it does have its archaic charms, but I cannot be doing with it any more! I am going to have to root around in the loft for some glossy paper as when I print on that there arent any marks in the colours (I think because it is shiny the rollers smudge the ink and fill the gaps).

Anyway, how much are decent printers nowadays, I might invest.

*goes to forrage for glossy paper*
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:14
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'll sell you mine, seriously.

I'll take £30 + PnP for it.

Lexmar Z35.
Mon 17/11/03 at 17:22
Regular
Darkus wrote:
> Freaky, you must be like my secret twin brother. I also have an Epson
> Stylus 640 that is old and crap, and today have been looking for a
> new printer as there some important bits i need to print out.
>
> I am thinking of getting this one:
>
q_GG9423_hewlett_packard_de.html
> It got rated 5/5 buy both computer shopper and computer buyer
> magazine, plus its only £63.

Those are good. Its like feeding paper into it, it comes straight out in colour. Takes about 20 seconds for a colour piece.
Mon 17/11/03 at 17:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Darkus wrote:
>Does your old epson still take paper in okay? Mine kinda
> munches the paper and leaves a cool black ink smear down one side of
> it.

You just need to open the lid and check which of the rollers is dirty, some ink will have leaked onto one of them and it will roll it over the paper every time some goes through.

And when you wanna print something on screen thats red, it comes
> out green. Its wicked.

Either the cartridge needs changing or it is colour-blind, bless it.

Mine still works ok, and to say I have had it 5 years it isn't in bad condition at all. I am printing like 30 pages on it now and it IS coping, the quality isnt too great though, sadly.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:56
Regular
"..."
It dont look that bad,its just the pic we have makes it look like a bread bin. Does your old epson still take paper in okay? Mine kinda munches the paper and leaves a cool black ink smear down one side of it. And when you wanna print something on screen thats red, it comes out green. Its wicked.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
Not a bad price, but it looks a little like an air conditioner.

Stats are good for it, I may well buy it. How odd, I am Darkus' estranged twin brother in search of improved printing facilities. Just great.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Borderless has been spelt wrong.

:)
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:47
Regular
"..."
Freaky, you must be like my secret twin brother. I also have an Epson Stylus 640 that is old and crap, and today have been looking for a new printer as there some important bits i need to print out.

I am thinking of getting this one:

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG9423_hewlett_packard_de.html

It got rated 5/5 buy both computer shopper and computer buyer magazine, plus its only £63.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:15
Regular
"SOUP!"
I don't have a spare £350 knocking around!
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Got an epson photo 950 here, i think it was £350.

But all the colours have seperate ink cartridges, so you only have to replace what you use. It can print onto cd's as well.
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
I couldt find any glossy paper so I printed it on "best quality" on normal paper - it looks pretty good but it took about 3 minutes for 1 sheet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.