GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is It all over? but Nintendo..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/03/01 at 18:46
Regular
I don't want it to be over but the boom which has occured in the gaming world in the last three years has calmed down, we had so many amazing games in the last five years that I think the gaming world which I loved is going to slower be overtaken by elements of entertainment, two out of the four next generation console had extra details, one has a DVD player and one which is yet to be released has it all.

I think we have seen all the great possible genres of games, I don't think any game will impress me as much as ones from when the gaming market reached its peak (1999-00).

Above all this horrible grey cloud there may be a silver lining, in that of Nintendo, they want to continue to make games which are 'fun', they claim to be the only ones which want the gaming world to play games, they have solely released the GameCube for only games, the GBA is something which will be completely Advanced, nothing you have ever seen will prepare you for the GBA, I can promise you when you play it your mouth will drag along the ground, then after a few seconds of not breathing much needed air you will say the words 'I must get one of these'. Nintendo are trying to create something which will be the future of gaming, a console which plays games like the good old days.

I don't think that the games market will ever be better then it was 2 years ago, but then again that just might be me getting old and annoyed that the dreamcast with its brilliant games is now officially dead, RIP SEGA because you had the best released console, but earlier mistakes lead one thing to another.

Where as SEGA failed I don't only want Nintendo to succeed they NEED to succeed for the gaming world to keep on track, SONY are currently many mistakes abroad, Microsoft are entering for the wrong reasons (and they need to sell 30 games to every XBox buyer for them to make any profit which isn't good figures).

Nintendo are really as I see it are only hopes for a great future of gaming. I hope they succeed for all of us. and although some of you may hate them, you will love them one day.

Thanks for reading
Joby
Mon 12/03/01 at 18:46
Regular
"everyone says it"
I don't want it to be over but the boom which has occured in the gaming world in the last three years has calmed down, we had so many amazing games in the last five years that I think the gaming world which I loved is going to slower be overtaken by elements of entertainment, two out of the four next generation console had extra details, one has a DVD player and one which is yet to be released has it all.

I think we have seen all the great possible genres of games, I don't think any game will impress me as much as ones from when the gaming market reached its peak (1999-00).

Above all this horrible grey cloud there may be a silver lining, in that of Nintendo, they want to continue to make games which are 'fun', they claim to be the only ones which want the gaming world to play games, they have solely released the GameCube for only games, the GBA is something which will be completely Advanced, nothing you have ever seen will prepare you for the GBA, I can promise you when you play it your mouth will drag along the ground, then after a few seconds of not breathing much needed air you will say the words 'I must get one of these'. Nintendo are trying to create something which will be the future of gaming, a console which plays games like the good old days.

I don't think that the games market will ever be better then it was 2 years ago, but then again that just might be me getting old and annoyed that the dreamcast with its brilliant games is now officially dead, RIP SEGA because you had the best released console, but earlier mistakes lead one thing to another.

Where as SEGA failed I don't only want Nintendo to succeed they NEED to succeed for the gaming world to keep on track, SONY are currently many mistakes abroad, Microsoft are entering for the wrong reasons (and they need to sell 30 games to every XBox buyer for them to make any profit which isn't good figures).

Nintendo are really as I see it are only hopes for a great future of gaming. I hope they succeed for all of us. and although some of you may hate them, you will love them one day.

Thanks for reading
Joby
Mon 12/03/01 at 19:17
"possibly impossible"
This is the five year slump that happens in the game world, it just goes in circles. Things will pick up again and really, the games world has never looked rosier.

We've had some amazing games in the past few years and there are some really good and FUN games to come, especially now that Sega has gone from consoles to making games, probably the best thing that can happen for them and for all those other console owners who will benefit.

People are too wrapped up in 'their' own console to notice what goes on around them on other platforms. If you look at the games markets as a whole, it's a good deal more exciting than a lot of people are making out.
Mon 12/03/01 at 19:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Five year slump?

Seems that things are quiet at the mo until E3 comes along...

Although overall... the new consoles are comming out...

The older consoles are beginning to die, so companies are being more guarded about where to splash the cash...

No one really knows what people are going to want from the new systems...
Mon 12/03/01 at 19:50
Regular
er-no wrote:

> GBA is something which will be completely Advanced, nothing you have
> ever seen will prepare you for the GBA, I can promise you when you

I don't think that the games market will ever
> be better then it was 2 years ago, but then again that just might be
> me getting old and annoyed that the dreamcast with its brilliant
> games is now officially dead, RIP SEGA because you had the best
> released console, but earlier mistakes lead one thing to
> another.

Where as SEGA failed I don't only want Nintendo to
> succeed they NEED to succeed for the gaming world to keep on track,
> SONY are currently many mistakes abroad, Microsoft are entering for
> the wrong reasons (and they need to sell 30 games to every XBox
> buyer for them to make any profit which isn't good figures).

One word: WE KNOW!

Mon 12/03/01 at 19:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
that is 2 words?

and others may not!
Mon 12/03/01 at 19:55
Regular
Of course we know it's advanced.
Mon 12/03/01 at 19:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
no but, have you held one, I have decided to marry one! The blue one! better then a wife, more entertainment, lasts longer, plays better and doesn;t complain.
Mon 12/03/01 at 20:35
Regular
I don't believe Sega failed! I believe they have gone to a better place!

Some may call it a last resort but Sega still have plenty of money in the bank and still produce some of the worlds best games!
Mon 12/03/01 at 20:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
I don't think losing £60 per sold dreamcast is having plenty of money in the bank, although the dreamcast is brilliant it did Fail!
Mon 12/03/01 at 21:03
Regular
I'm sorry I have no faith in Sony they have worked wonders with the Playstation but all along I never saw them as a game company rather a company who makes home entertainment systems like TV's and Playstations but I don't see them as a game company.

This is where the trouble lies as they are not computer game experts they don't know how to design a console that lives up to their needs so they create something that pleases 3rd party developers.

Nintendo build systems which they can work miracles on so they have the upper hand.

Sega are the same but disaster they have stopped please come back Sega you and Nintendo are the most respected in the gaming world and we want you to return making more ace consoles.

Dringo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.