GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why!?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/11/03 at 09:52
Regular
"Me+Live= Sore Fists"
A long time ago I brought a PS2 game called Jurssic Park : Operation Genesis, which you may have heard of before. And I played it for about 10 or more hours straight and it suddenly froze. So waited a little but the screen was still. I reseted the PS2 and started it again but it said Disc Read Error. I took the disc out, wiped it with a tissue and placed it back in but it still said Disc Read Error. I took the game back and asked why this happened and he said it might just be a scratch on the disc so I checked it and it had a huge scratch which was not there before. I went home again and tried Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, it went into the menu screen and said Disc Read Error. I tried Gran Turismo 3, Metal Gear Solid 2 and so on. But they all failed, I went to Game and said I think the PS2 is playing up and they said that it has burnt out because I played it for too long, and he said that this has happened to a lot of people. A couple weeks back I hibernated in my bedroom and played Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic virtually all day on X-Box and when I finished it was hardly even warm! I just wanted to know if this has happened to any of you?
Sun 16/11/03 at 14:07
Regular
"Me+Live= Sore Fists"
Icarus wrote:
Not for me yet, and I have left my PS2 on for days without effect. Wre you using it in the vertical position?

No, I had it horizontally. Next time I pop into Game I will try and get a refund or something. Cheers
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I've got through teo PS2's since I got my first (a month after launch). The laser knackers out. £40 to get it replaced. Stupid Sony.
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
My PS2 is fine. I've had it for about 18 months and never had a problem, even after leaving it on for 48hrs at a time.
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:43
Ps2's breaking seem to be happening alot.
Sun 16/11/03 at 10:42
Regular
"M4ke Luv"
too true
Sun 16/11/03 at 10:02
Regular
Gígž wrote:
> If you are lucky you get a full refund and maybe a free token or some
> thing. :)

Nah...sony want money
Sun 16/11/03 at 10:01
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
If you are lucky you get a full refund and maybe a free token or some thing. :)
Sun 16/11/03 at 10:00
Regular
Do what i did:
Ring PS2 people
Pay 60 quid - for replacement
Write to sony saying they are crap
Get 60 quid back
Simple!

;)
Sun 16/11/03 at 09:58
Regular
"always swirling"
well first off you went to 'that looks broken, but don't worry you can buy a new (more expensive) one from us' game.

game are like builders or plumbers just with out the dodgy accent or the low trousers.

try phoning the ps2 repair hotline thing in the leaflets and they should no the problem. if its under warranty you should be able to get it fixed free or get a new one.
Sun 16/11/03 at 09:58
Regular
My Ps2 burnt out 4 times in week.

Its a well known fact Sony build there consoles to a poor level. But they are good consoles non-the-less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.