GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vergil.......thinking of devil may cry."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ghost Recon: Adavnced Warfighter'.
Sun 22/05/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Jackpot!"
After playing through devil may cry 1, I always counted it to be the most legendary game to be out at that time.

It had all of the horror, gothic action, gunplay and style needed for a decent game, and in fact, it was pretty close to perfection.

Then devil may cry 2 came out, and I was very excited about that. After playing through it 3 times though, I got bored with it, and other people classed it as the biggest letdown in gaming history.......well for the devil may cry series at least.

This was because it had the decent style of gameplay to it, but absolutely no storyline or horror to it at all. It could have almost had it's own title, and people still wouldn't resemble it to the series, because in short, it was just a mindless hack n slash.

Then there was devil may cry 3.
It had everything to offer, such as cool gameplay, various styles, multiple weapons, a hefty amount of combos, and some very cool bosses, but to me it just didn't settle as well as it could have.
The gameplay became very repetitive a little too soon, and I pushed myself to playing it more, once I had already beaten it once, as there just wasn't that many unlockables.
Again, the key feature missing here was the horror element. It just didn't seem as scary as the first, and had hardly any new features in it at all.

This could have been the best in the series, but without it's decent devil may cry 1 views, and devil may cry horror.....this just seemed a little empty.

Now Devil may cry 4 has been announced for the ps3. I must admit that I am feeling a tad skeptical about the series now, and are they just making more for the hell of it?

Anyway, it will be very cool if they could deliver all of the elements which made the first good, then mix all of that with the styles and skill in devil may cry 3, then tweak it a bit, add extra elements into it, using the ps3's advanced graphics, and hopefully make it the most skillful, frightening game alive.
However, it saddens me to say, that I think they are just aiming for the style approach now, so knowing our luck we won't be seeing those moments again, when everything is completely dark, and all you have is some luminescent thing which lights your way, and acts as a torch.

So what are your opinions on the entire series, and how do you feel that capcom can deliver the goods we all want to see again, and what do you reckon we will all see in this newest installment to the series?

I think it can be exceptionally good, providing capcom take note of what all of their fans think, otherwise it will just end up at the bottom of my game list, and never see the light of day again.
Sat 11/06/05 at 13:23
Regular
The only way I beat Hard Mode for some levels is to repeat the 1st level several times until I have enough orbs to purchase 3-4 vital stars.

Its pretty hard if you go through never repeating the earlier levels in order to get some vital stars.
Sat 11/06/05 at 03:53
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea, well in my opinion hard mode is too easy, but knowing my luck, I go onto dante must die mode, and find that too hard.

You can't win really. My memory card got wiped recently, and I had almost beaten hard, when I last played it, so I may as well just cheat to get heaven vs hell, as I'm not doing all of that again.
Tue 07/06/05 at 11:47
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Thing is... you NEED devil trigger and all the weapons to stand a chance on Dante must Die. That's the mode for people who think hard mode is too easy.
Fri 03/06/05 at 16:05
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea, that does seem a bit stupid.

They should have started us off with normal, easy and hard settings, and then made it so we can start on any of those 3, and then only unlock dante must die mode, and heaven vs hell mode, and then take the devil trigger out, each time through, until you get to that certain bit of the story.
Mon 30/05/05 at 19:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The problem I had with 3 was that it got easier on different difficulties because you could use the skills/items/orbs etc from earlier settings. So I already had everything for hard mode, including the devil trigger before it actually becomes available in the story.
Sat 28/05/05 at 11:39
Regular
"8==="
Unlockable styles?

Jade Empire all the way.
Wed 25/05/05 at 16:41
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Devil May Cry 3 is the ultimate. Not many unlockables??? Every style has to be unlocked to it's fullest potential. You shouldn't be happy until you've S ranked 'Dante must Die' mode ^^
Sun 22/05/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Jackpot!"
After playing through devil may cry 1, I always counted it to be the most legendary game to be out at that time.

It had all of the horror, gothic action, gunplay and style needed for a decent game, and in fact, it was pretty close to perfection.

Then devil may cry 2 came out, and I was very excited about that. After playing through it 3 times though, I got bored with it, and other people classed it as the biggest letdown in gaming history.......well for the devil may cry series at least.

This was because it had the decent style of gameplay to it, but absolutely no storyline or horror to it at all. It could have almost had it's own title, and people still wouldn't resemble it to the series, because in short, it was just a mindless hack n slash.

Then there was devil may cry 3.
It had everything to offer, such as cool gameplay, various styles, multiple weapons, a hefty amount of combos, and some very cool bosses, but to me it just didn't settle as well as it could have.
The gameplay became very repetitive a little too soon, and I pushed myself to playing it more, once I had already beaten it once, as there just wasn't that many unlockables.
Again, the key feature missing here was the horror element. It just didn't seem as scary as the first, and had hardly any new features in it at all.

This could have been the best in the series, but without it's decent devil may cry 1 views, and devil may cry horror.....this just seemed a little empty.

Now Devil may cry 4 has been announced for the ps3. I must admit that I am feeling a tad skeptical about the series now, and are they just making more for the hell of it?

Anyway, it will be very cool if they could deliver all of the elements which made the first good, then mix all of that with the styles and skill in devil may cry 3, then tweak it a bit, add extra elements into it, using the ps3's advanced graphics, and hopefully make it the most skillful, frightening game alive.
However, it saddens me to say, that I think they are just aiming for the style approach now, so knowing our luck we won't be seeing those moments again, when everything is completely dark, and all you have is some luminescent thing which lights your way, and acts as a torch.

So what are your opinions on the entire series, and how do you feel that capcom can deliver the goods we all want to see again, and what do you reckon we will all see in this newest installment to the series?

I think it can be exceptionally good, providing capcom take note of what all of their fans think, otherwise it will just end up at the bottom of my game list, and never see the light of day again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.