GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whose ur fave Author"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/11/03 at 17:50
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
I like Philip Pullman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His books are all set up around a character perhaps like u and me and creates a whole trilogy about them they'll get older as the trilogy progress. Whose your favourite author and why ?
Sat 22/11/03 at 14:56
"I love yo... lamp."
More than one Nick Hornby book has been made into a movie. I can't remember the name of the first, although I can remember it and High Fidelity was one of his books, except the movie was set in Chicago and had John Cusack in it. Was pretty decent too.

My favourite authors are not any of the literary greats. I like best seller crime, war, and thrillers etc.

Robert Ludlum
John Grisham
Tom Clancy

In that order. The reason I like thenm is that they are an easy read on a plane or a beach, or in bed late at night when you don't want anything that involves too much thinking. Currently reading John Grisham's The Partner. So far so good.
Thu 20/11/03 at 21:33
Regular
Nick Hornby not only cos he's Gooner, his books are pretty good and as you see one of his books was made into a film (about a boy) which was superb.
Thu 20/11/03 at 09:33
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:

>
> Nah.
> I bought it on impulse and just have never been able to get into it
> enough to finish the damn thing.
> I'm trying though, oh how I'm trying. I get about 70-80 pages in and
> think "Well...it must be a classic for some reason..." and
> keep waiting for it to dawn on me.

Heh. Well, it was a book written in German by a Czech and then translated into English, so it can read rather badly. It's worth it; the pervading sense of confusion is superbly done.
Wed 19/11/03 at 02:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Light wrote:
> Man, I loved that book but it was hellishly difficult going. Have you
> read "The Castle" by Kafka? Similar to The Trial in that
> it's a confusing world where everyone seems to understand the rules
> except the protagonist, but a little easier on the brain.
--

Nah.
I bought it on impulse and just have never been able to get into it enough to finish the damn thing.
I'm trying though, oh how I'm trying. I get about 70-80 pages in and think "Well...it must be a classic for some reason..." and keep waiting for it to dawn on me.
Tue 18/11/03 at 18:01
Regular
"\\"
Mess wrote:
> Robin Jarvis. He's not very well known, which is a shame. I suggest
> him to anyone who just wants to enjoy a good story rather than be
> assaulted by complexities and brainy challenges.

I'd say he was my second favourite.
Tue 18/11/03 at 18:00
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Robin Jarvis. He's not very well known, which is a shame. I suggest him to anyone who just wants to enjoy a good story rather than be assaulted by complexities and brainy challenges.
Tue 18/11/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Whatever!"
Like most of Stephen King's earlier books and James Herbet's stuff is great
Tue 18/11/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:

> I'm revisting books I haven't read in a loong time like Kafka's
> "The Trial"

Man, I loved that book but it was hellishly difficult going. Have you read "The Castle" by Kafka? Similar to The Trial in that it's a confusing world where everyone seems to understand the rules except the protagonist, but a little easier on the brain.
Tue 18/11/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Can't really say I have a favourite out of all of them.
Authors I look for and re-read:

Edward Bunker, Primo Levi, Stephen Clark, Phillip Pullman, Noam Chomsky, Brian Lumley, Stephen Laws.

I'm revisting books I haven't read in a loong time like Kafka's "The Trial", "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes, "The Dirt:Motley Crue" autobiography (filthy, nasty people but you have to admire their stupidity and refusal to die).
Tue 18/11/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Iain Banks is a star, as is Terry Pratchett. Stephen King has his moments, though his new stuff (with the exception of the Dark Tower series) are awful.

1984 is my favourite novel of all time, though curiously I haven't read much else of Orwell's. Tom Clancy provides a good read, though again his recent stuff has been disappointing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.