GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freinds - (Short story)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/11/03 at 11:53
Regular
"No Chance!?!?!?!?!?"
I once heard a story that touched my heart more than anything else could. I thought you might like to hear about it, so here it is. It isn’t me in the story I am just telling it in the best way I can.

There was a boy in most of my classes in school. His name was Kyle. He wore glasses, styled his hair funny and did well in school. He was different and the other boys never liked that. So they bullied him. His life looked like hell. I felt so ashamed of myself for not doing anything but I didn’t want to be an outcast like him so I just watched as the others made fun of him and even hit him.

One Friday I was walking home with my friends and we were planning to have a game of football later that night, when I saw the boy walking by himself with what looked like all his books. I wondered why he was taking all his books home at the weekend. I thought he must be a right nerd. The other boys were walking behind him looking at him devilishly. A moment later they were grabbing his books a throwing them on the ground. They tripped him up and his glasses flew on to the ground in front of him. I felt so sorry for the boy so I ran over to him and picked up his glasses as he crawled around looking for them. As I handed them to him I noticed a tear in his eye. I said “Those guys are jerks. These should all grow up.”
He looked at me and just said, “Hey thanks.” There was a big smile on his face. One of those smiles that show real gratitude.

I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would never have hung out with a private school kid before but we talked all the way home and I carried some of his books. He turned out to be pretty cool so I asked him if he wanted to come and play football with me and my friends. He said he would love to. We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I like him, and my friends thought the same of him.

Monday morning came and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, “Boy, you are gonna build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!” He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd and a geek. He had to prepare a speech for graduation day. I was so glad I didn’t have to get up there and speak.

Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He grew up and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him. Sometimes I was jealous.

Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So I smacked him on the back and said, “ Hey, big guy, you’ll be great!” He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. “Thanks!” He said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throut and began. “ Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a couch but mostly your friends. I am here to tell you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give to them. I am going to tell you a story.

I just looked at Kyle as he told the story of the day we first met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mum wouldn’t have to do it later. He looked hard at me and gave a little smile.
“Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.”

I heard a gasp go through the crowd, as the handsome, popular boy told us about is weakest moment. I saw his Mum and Dad looking at me smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realise its depth.

Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a persons life. For better or for worse.

“Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.”

I hope you liked the story that touched me right on the heart.
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:30
Regular
"SOUP!"
Heh :-D
~
I've heard good things about Mario Kart, dont have a cube any more though!
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh, BTW, i'll have mario kart.
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I agree with Kyle, a chain email winning GAD sucks.

Errr, i have this friend that has conjunction defernse he needs £10,000,000 for the operation and a life of luxury, please send this message to 10 other people to experience joy joy.
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I've never seen a chain-mail won GAD before.
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:17
Regular
"SOUP!"
Damn that monarchical fox, damn him to hell!
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:12
"period drama"
I, on the other hand, can prove everything.
Hark at my amazing proval powers.

*Zzzzzaaappp*

You meant:

...(processing)...

Foxking
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
The new rehabiliated me wouldnt say "F**king" either, I would say "Funking" which is what I actually meant.

..You can prove nothing.

:-)
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Now that is a genuine lol.
Wed 19/11/03 at 20:05
Regular
"SOUP!"
Dig dig f**king dig!

I am a rehabilitated man, find error in my ways will you?

Pfft.
Wed 19/11/03 at 19:59
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Kyz21 wrote:

> If a review is copied then it doesnt win GAD, why should a
> plagiarised post?

No shame at all, eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.