GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube DVD?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 18:40
Regular
"come on Arsenal!!!!"
I was browsing around on EBAY when i saw this person selling a silver Gamecube with a Dvd built in,WOW you must be thinking but at that time i wasn't suprized cos Nintendo has alot of clever ideas in there head for example:they have just released the gameboy player and who knows what they've got next!
But this man obviously didn't buy this Gamecube so he must of made it hiself but if a a man (who probably dosn't even work for nintendo) build a Gamecube with a Dvd, im sure a Nintendo can do the same and probably double there're sale prices.Huh?
If anyone knows anything about this please reply.
Fri 14/11/03 at 18:40
Regular
"come on Arsenal!!!!"
I was browsing around on EBAY when i saw this person selling a silver Gamecube with a Dvd built in,WOW you must be thinking but at that time i wasn't suprized cos Nintendo has alot of clever ideas in there head for example:they have just released the gameboy player and who knows what they've got next!
But this man obviously didn't buy this Gamecube so he must of made it hiself but if a a man (who probably dosn't even work for nintendo) build a Gamecube with a Dvd, im sure a Nintendo can do the same and probably double there're sale prices.Huh?
If anyone knows anything about this please reply.
Fri 14/11/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Light of the world"
damn

If gamecubes actually were sold with such an accessory I would buy one.
Fri 14/11/03 at 18:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its a gamecube made by panansonic, its called the panasonic Q and is only available in japan (officially). Oh, and its been out for yonks.
Fri 14/11/03 at 18:57
Lol
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:11
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
Asho wrote:
> I was browsing around on EBAY when i saw this person selling a silver
> Gamecube with a Dvd built in,WOW you must be thinking but at that
> time i wasn't suprized cos Nintendo has alot of clever ideas in there
> head for example:they have just released the gameboy player and who
> knows what they've got next!
> But this man obviously didn't buy this Gamecube so he must of made it
> hiself but if a a man (who probably dosn't even work for nintendo)
> build a Gamecube with a Dvd, im sure a Nintendo can do the same and
> probably double there're sale prices.Huh?
> If anyone knows anything about this please reply.

You are talking about the Panasonic Gamecube.
I saw that on Ebay too.
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:16
"I love yo... lamp."
Nintendo were meant to be licensisng Gamecube technology so lots of manufacturers could make DVD, CD, Gamecube devices. Similar in a way I suppose to the 3DO.

But yet it appears no one else has taken them up on it. Shame that.
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:18
Regular
Hardly surprising considering they have recently announced huge losses on the Cube once again. Its the GBA which keeps sales for Nintendo respectable.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:25
"I love yo... lamp."
Yes, but part of the reason the Cube lacks appeal is because it doesn't play DVDs. If it did, then it would be more attractive to buyers and more units shifted would improve the financial performance.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:31
Regular
A DVD Playr wouldn't change anything. If people don't like the GameCube, let them.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:33
"I love yo... lamp."
As I just said, part of the dislike of the GC is through not playing DVDs. I bought an Xbox before a GC because it the Xbox played DVDs. Now most people only buy one console, and if they buy a PS2 or Xbox because it plays DVDs then they are not going to buy a GC. But if it did play DVDs then it would pick up more casual gamers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.