GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube DVD?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 18:40
Regular
"come on Arsenal!!!!"
I was browsing around on EBAY when i saw this person selling a silver Gamecube with a Dvd built in,WOW you must be thinking but at that time i wasn't suprized cos Nintendo has alot of clever ideas in there head for example:they have just released the gameboy player and who knows what they've got next!
But this man obviously didn't buy this Gamecube so he must of made it hiself but if a a man (who probably dosn't even work for nintendo) build a Gamecube with a Dvd, im sure a Nintendo can do the same and probably double there're sale prices.Huh?
If anyone knows anything about this please reply.
Fri 14/11/03 at 21:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Asho wrote:
> to be honest i think ps2 is the best but i have changed my consoles
> more than micheal jackson has changed his face.i started off with a
> ps2 then brought a cube then sold the cube then sold the ps2 then
> brought the console i have now ......a CUBE!

Just keep them both...
Fri 14/11/03 at 21:07
Regular
"come on Arsenal!!!!"
i think the cube should have many more features to it, im mean surely all them sockets at the bottom of the machine should do something interesting.
I think the cube is definately worth it(price wise)but i think nintendo are a little confused cos im sure the gba sp is about £89.99 and the cube is only £79.99!You cant compare the two, the cube is obviously better,BUT i guess you can take the gba sp around and about, BUT you can get a screen to use when ur out and about for the cube,BUT thats an extra £100 for a screen, BUT ill shut up now.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:58
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Icarus wrote:
> Agreed, except after buying the Xbox you would need to b uy the DVD
> playback kit for £30 before you could get the dongle.

Where do you shop ? Everyone else would be buying it for a maximum of 19.99 - the RRP.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:50
"I love yo... lamp."
Actually in the last quarter the Xbox MADE money. Which is more than can be said for the GC.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:41
Regular
"come on Arsenal!!!!"
to be honest i think ps2 is the best but i have changed my consoles more than micheal jackson has changed his face.i started off with a ps2 then brought a cube then sold the cube then sold the ps2 then brought the console i have now ......a CUBE!
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Hardly surprising considering they have recently announced huge losses
> on the Cube once again. Its the GBA which keeps sales for Nintendo
> respectable.

*sighs*

Nintendo as a whole lost money. Cube on the otherhand seems to be improving rapidly (25% of Europe share now, apprantly, and just trailing the PS2 in Japan over the past few weeks, plus improvements oer in Yankland), or has done over the past few weeks. XBox always loses money, even if it outsells the Cube...... (and yes I realise Microsoft can afford it)......
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:36
Agreed, except after buying the Xbox you would need to b uy the DVD playback kit for £30 before you could get the dongle.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:33
"I love yo... lamp."
As I just said, part of the dislike of the GC is through not playing DVDs. I bought an Xbox before a GC because it the Xbox played DVDs. Now most people only buy one console, and if they buy a PS2 or Xbox because it plays DVDs then they are not going to buy a GC. But if it did play DVDs then it would pick up more casual gamers.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:31
Regular
A DVD Playr wouldn't change anything. If people don't like the GameCube, let them.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:25
"I love yo... lamp."
Yes, but part of the reason the Cube lacks appeal is because it doesn't play DVDs. If it did, then it would be more attractive to buyers and more units shifted would improve the financial performance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.