GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adding A Shopping Basket"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/07/09 at 17:45
Regular
Instant pro Builder

Hi All,
I can't seem to find my previous posts so I don't know if I have asked this already. I want to add a shopping basket to my site. I have contacted the support team by both phone and email and they have said that the Instant pro Website Builder does not support a basket but I can add PayPal buttons which seem to work.
here is where it becomes complicated. I have inserted the email responses from both the support team and the company from whom I use the services of the basket - I have left out the name of them as I don't want to be accused of spamming - but my main question is this: If I insert the code for a button into my page where do I place it and how do I place it on each individual item as they are all priced differently. I just need to know if I can use a basket before I do any more work on the site and then find out that I have to cancel it.

" The InstantPro builder currently does not officially support the integration of third party applications such as billing carts. This said, we have found that 'Buy Now' buttons offered by Paypal work quite well with the InstantPro builder.

I would suggest that you reply to your message with ****, and state that you are using a web site builder that allows you to enter in HTML code (without php or javascript). This should be enough information for the 'Mals' representative to offer you a solution or service.

Alternatively if you were to build your web site by hand or by using a Website Publishing software such as Microsoft Frontpage or Adobe Dreamweaver you would likely have a lot more luck with integrating a payment solution."

And the response from the basket people:

" I'm sorry, I don't know anything about "InstantPro builder" so I can't advise you on that program.

All you have to do is add simple "Buy Now" buttons on any page on your website. These can be made from a form button or a text hyperlink and contain the product description and the price. There is a working example Buy Now link in your Welcome email.

Support: "

I haven't tried to place a link yet as I am having a blonde moment and can't think how I connect from each item on the page to the shopping cart.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tue 21/07/09 at 22:59
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya, if you aint had any luck with adding a basket/checkout to your site have a look at...

ROMAN CART

basic basket/checkout is free.

you add your item details (price colours quanity p&p etc) to your Roman cart account, they provide you with the HTML code that you paste into your website.

ive never used instant pro, but i can see any reason why it wouldn't work!

keep safe m8.
Fri 17/07/09 at 08:57
"Are you sure?"
Hi jobel602,
You mention having trouble finding your old posts.
You can use the link in your profile to see your previous posts. Or you can try searching the forums using my link below!

There shouldn't be a problem mentioning your shopping cart s/w provider - i.e. PayPal is a provider that's been mentioned already ;¬)

Reading your posts it looks like it might be Mal's e-commerce solution? I'm not familiar with it but having a very quick look it appears you just need to add the 'links' to your site as described in their instructions. You should be able to copy and paste them using the InstantPro editor.

Unfortunately all eCommerce solutions have a degree of difficulty and none are completely straight forward - you just need to do a lot of reading!

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Thu 16/07/09 at 17:45
Regular
Instant pro Builder

Hi All,
I can't seem to find my previous posts so I don't know if I have asked this already. I want to add a shopping basket to my site. I have contacted the support team by both phone and email and they have said that the Instant pro Website Builder does not support a basket but I can add PayPal buttons which seem to work.
here is where it becomes complicated. I have inserted the email responses from both the support team and the company from whom I use the services of the basket - I have left out the name of them as I don't want to be accused of spamming - but my main question is this: If I insert the code for a button into my page where do I place it and how do I place it on each individual item as they are all priced differently. I just need to know if I can use a basket before I do any more work on the site and then find out that I have to cancel it.

" The InstantPro builder currently does not officially support the integration of third party applications such as billing carts. This said, we have found that 'Buy Now' buttons offered by Paypal work quite well with the InstantPro builder.

I would suggest that you reply to your message with ****, and state that you are using a web site builder that allows you to enter in HTML code (without php or javascript). This should be enough information for the 'Mals' representative to offer you a solution or service.

Alternatively if you were to build your web site by hand or by using a Website Publishing software such as Microsoft Frontpage or Adobe Dreamweaver you would likely have a lot more luck with integrating a payment solution."

And the response from the basket people:

" I'm sorry, I don't know anything about "InstantPro builder" so I can't advise you on that program.

All you have to do is add simple "Buy Now" buttons on any page on your website. These can be made from a form button or a text hyperlink and contain the product description and the price. There is a working example Buy Now link in your Welcome email.

Support: "

I haven't tried to place a link yet as I am having a blonde moment and can't think how I connect from each item on the page to the shopping cart.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.