GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Handhelds - What's next and Downloads"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/07/09 at 13:27
"possibly impossible"
Whether you argue that Sony started it, Apple made it popular or Nintendo make it fun, you can't escape the fact that downloads are now coming to handheld platforms.

Sony has had the PSP store for ages and Apple's iPod store apps are world famous. Nintendo only just got in on the act with the DSi and DSiWare, but they're starting to plan much faster output.

Is it a good idea? Yes, I think it is. Smaller games at a lower price which you can get anywhere there is a wireless Broadband connection. Sitting in McDonalds or Starbucks and fancy a new game? Simple, just log on and choose one.

Downsides? Well an awful lot of crap will make it's way through the field too, but that makes sites like Freeola all the more important as you read what others have written about these games.

So, what are your opinions on the serives? What have you tried so far and how far do you see this going in the future?
Thu 16/07/09 at 21:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
Simple games like streetfighter would be awesome methinks :P (in my review of SEGA Superstars Tennis, i slagged SEGA off loads, but Streetfighter was and is an awesome game) Don't think House of the Dead would work as well though :P Who knows. We'll wait and see :)
Thu 16/07/09 at 20:29
"possibly impossible"
Depends how they run their business model though, they might think it better to encourage anyone and everyone to join in and then you'll have more tat but also more chance of something good and original.

Nintendo used to have their seal of quality, but that was dropped in favour of quantity for the Wii and DS! The DSi store will be the same, but then if they get developers like Gameloft producing more decent stuff then it's ok. Hopefully Sega and others will come on board soon.
Thu 16/07/09 at 14:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
I think the filters will start to become alot more prominent (talking about Apple here). Some of the stuff that you can download that is terrible. Certainly a moneymaker in it's early stages though, and thankfully, i think it's going to be good for both ends of buisness and the customer.
Thu 16/07/09 at 13:27
"possibly impossible"
Whether you argue that Sony started it, Apple made it popular or Nintendo make it fun, you can't escape the fact that downloads are now coming to handheld platforms.

Sony has had the PSP store for ages and Apple's iPod store apps are world famous. Nintendo only just got in on the act with the DSi and DSiWare, but they're starting to plan much faster output.

Is it a good idea? Yes, I think it is. Smaller games at a lower price which you can get anywhere there is a wireless Broadband connection. Sitting in McDonalds or Starbucks and fancy a new game? Simple, just log on and choose one.

Downsides? Well an awful lot of crap will make it's way through the field too, but that makes sites like Freeola all the more important as you read what others have written about these games.

So, what are your opinions on the serives? What have you tried so far and how far do you see this going in the future?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.