GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google 'loves' YouTube!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/07/09 at 09:40
"Are you sure?"
Google and YouTube
As Google owns YouTube, YouTube content can be quite a high priority for the Search Engine.

After adding my Video logo thread earlier this week it's interesting to see what Google has made of things in just a few days!

After creating my video demonstration I 'hosted' the finished video (using Freeola's InstantPro original) on YouTube. I embedded the video on my site in a new page. This page is yet to be indexed by Google - which is quite normal as if was only a few days ago.

Google indexes sites that it sees as having a 'high authority' quicker than lowly hobby sites like mine!

1 day after creating and putting the video on YouTube I noticed it was already number 1 for a search on YouTube for Freeola.
Remember users can also perform this search direct from Google by picking the option in the 'more' dropdown.

This morning I notice that Google also shows my video in 1st position on a Google Video search for Freeola.
It is also the 'featured' video embedded in the page.

The InstantPro video is also 5th out of 9,630 results when performing a normal Google search for Freeola video.
Google also displays a thumbnail image for the result which is nice.

So the bottom line is - as an alternative visitor/traffic source for your website why not think about adding video using YouTube?

Remember to 'brand' your video with a logo etc. and also setup a dedicated YouTube 'Channel' where you can provide information and a link to your website: www.youtube.com/user/hmmmUK.
My channel is still under construction as you will see :¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 25/08/09 at 11:37
Regular
Get you, makes sense :-)

Was'nt sure if it was a search engine thing or not

Regards
Tue 25/08/09 at 11:02
"Are you sure?"
Hi Dograt,
To me, it makes sense to advertise your domain/company as much as possible.

Having a logo or web address 'burnt' in to the video helps to reinforce your brand and also stops someone from pinching your video and chopping the title and end credits off.

It's not a 'must do' but it seems like a good idea to me...

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Tue 25/08/09 at 10:16
Regular
hmmm why is it so important to brand the clip?

I have a little vid of what a "Live" wasp nest looks like and have made the title and end credits. but dont quite understand why the brand bit is so important?

Thanks
Regards hugh
Thu 16/07/09 at 15:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Maybe there is an extra gaming award challenge that can be won for a good Freeola related video to be considered??
Thu 16/07/09 at 12:12
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Warhunt :¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 16/07/09 at 11:58
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
This is actually very good information. I got the powers that be to look at this to see if we can make any use of it. Interesting none the less though eh?
Thu 16/07/09 at 09:40
"Are you sure?"
Google and YouTube
As Google owns YouTube, YouTube content can be quite a high priority for the Search Engine.

After adding my Video logo thread earlier this week it's interesting to see what Google has made of things in just a few days!

After creating my video demonstration I 'hosted' the finished video (using Freeola's InstantPro original) on YouTube. I embedded the video on my site in a new page. This page is yet to be indexed by Google - which is quite normal as if was only a few days ago.

Google indexes sites that it sees as having a 'high authority' quicker than lowly hobby sites like mine!

1 day after creating and putting the video on YouTube I noticed it was already number 1 for a search on YouTube for Freeola.
Remember users can also perform this search direct from Google by picking the option in the 'more' dropdown.

This morning I notice that Google also shows my video in 1st position on a Google Video search for Freeola.
It is also the 'featured' video embedded in the page.

The InstantPro video is also 5th out of 9,630 results when performing a normal Google search for Freeola video.
Google also displays a thumbnail image for the result which is nice.

So the bottom line is - as an alternative visitor/traffic source for your website why not think about adding video using YouTube?

Remember to 'brand' your video with a logo etc. and also setup a dedicated YouTube 'Channel' where you can provide information and a link to your website: www.youtube.com/user/hmmmUK.
My channel is still under construction as you will see :¬)

Search Freeola Chat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.