GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP 5.3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/07/09 at 19:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I was going to ask if Freeola would consider upgrading the PHP 5 version to the latest release of PHP 5.2.10, which is four minor versions above the currently deployed release, as I feel keeping up to date on web server software is very important.

However, as PHP 5.3 has very recently been released, would Freeola consider upgrading to this version any time soon?

And seeing as I'm asking about upgrades, how are MySQL and Apache versions currently stacked?? I see Apache is about 8 minor versions out, so maybe a consideration for that could also be, um, considered?

Oh, and last week I connected to my FTP account on web server 2, and saw that it listed the server as having 34MB of free space left! I'm not sure if that's accurate, but thought I should mention it, as I recall a while ago someone was experiencing "disk full" when trying to upload.
Thu 16/07/09 at 14:08
Staff
cjh wrote:
> I was going to ask if Freeola would consider upgrading the PHP 5
> version to the latest release of PHP 5.2.10, which is four minor
> versions above the currently deployed release, as I feel keeping
> up to date on web server software is very important.
>
> However, as PHP 5.3 has very recently been released, would
> Freeola consider upgrading to this version any time soon?
>
> And seeing as I'm asking about upgrades, how are MySQL and
> Apache versions currently stacked?? I see Apache is about 8 minor
> versions out, so maybe a consideration for that could also be,
> um, considered?
>
> Oh, and last week I connected to my FTP account on web server 2,
> and saw that it listed the server as having 34MB of free space
> left! I'm not sure if that's accurate, but thought I should
> mention it, as I recall a while ago someone was experiencing
> "disk full" when trying to upload.

We are unlikely to upgrade to PHP 5.3 in the near future especially on the free servers, the same goes for Apache, as with the large number of users on the free servers the stability testing and rolling out periods for upgrades is very long (neccessary to avoid customers ending up with dead websites). MySQL is currently on 5.045 which is reasonably up to date.

The upgrade cycle on the VIP servers is generally quicker as we have a lot fewer customers per box and they are based on more of a standard distribution.

Regarding the diskspace on Web2, just checked it and there is currently over 30GB free, (which is lower than I expected, but not an immediate issue), I might however ask the programmers to stop new signups on that server as the other servers all have substantially more free.
Wed 15/07/09 at 19:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I was going to ask if Freeola would consider upgrading the PHP 5 version to the latest release of PHP 5.2.10, which is four minor versions above the currently deployed release, as I feel keeping up to date on web server software is very important.

However, as PHP 5.3 has very recently been released, would Freeola consider upgrading to this version any time soon?

And seeing as I'm asking about upgrades, how are MySQL and Apache versions currently stacked?? I see Apache is about 8 minor versions out, so maybe a consideration for that could also be, um, considered?

Oh, and last week I connected to my FTP account on web server 2, and saw that it listed the server as having 34MB of free space left! I'm not sure if that's accurate, but thought I should mention it, as I recall a while ago someone was experiencing "disk full" when trying to upload.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.