GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Liverpool Fans...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/11/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I was at Anfield yesterday and was sitting right behind the goal where Heskey did his Torvil and Dean act, Hell even the Liverpool fans were raising signs of 'Perfect 10/10 Emile' :-D

Got a nice little pic of him looking like he was on roller skates and a picture of Mikael making an unbelivable challenge to stop Murphy scoring.

Great game, Great Result and overall Excellent game

Anyway...my question to you is 'Should Houllier go?'

I was takling to a lot of the scouse fans after the game and they were irate and want him out after constantly playing players like the mighty Biscan/Traore constantly.

What's your view?
Mon 10/11/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I was at Anfield yesterday and was sitting right behind the goal where Heskey did his Torvil and Dean act, Hell even the Liverpool fans were raising signs of 'Perfect 10/10 Emile' :-D

Got a nice little pic of him looking like he was on roller skates and a picture of Mikael making an unbelivable challenge to stop Murphy scoring.

Great game, Great Result and overall Excellent game

Anyway...my question to you is 'Should Houllier go?'

I was takling to a lot of the scouse fans after the game and they were irate and want him out after constantly playing players like the mighty Biscan/Traore constantly.

What's your view?
Mon 10/11/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Sorry if my typing's a bit cack, im feeling rather groggy this morning!

...and no im not 'Sniper in disguise'

;-)
Mon 10/11/03 at 11:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Really, he isn't fit to manage a Sunday League side!

He's made plenty of cack signings (including the likes of Biscan and Traoré, yes), but he's also made a number of reasonabley and potentially good ones, too.

Emile Heskey, Sander Westerveld, Jerzy Dudek, Burno Cheyrou (possibly...), El-Hadji Diouf (brilliant in the World Cup), and others...
But all he's seemed to have done to each-one of these players is "ruined" them!

Look at Heskey BEFORE he came to Liverpool... He could've been the ideal goal-scoring replacement for Alan Shearer; and now he's just fat!

Weterveld could've been the new Dutch No.1, before he made ONE-mistaker against Bolton and Houllier told him where to go - instead of helping him get around his problems, like any GOOD manager would've.

And Diouf... We all saw what he looked like in the 2002 World Cup, and, really, Liverpool should be a much greater threat than this by now, with a player of his abillity in the side. ...Only, now he's playing for Houllier, he looks not even half the player he was last Summer!!

If ever he doesn't like a player, he'll just force them to train alone and leave them in the reserves (Paul Ince and Sean Dundee) until he can either sell or release them.

I bet the only reason he's still in the job is because he won't sell Michael Owen!

Harry Kewell; you made a great choice joining Gerard Houllier's side....!! :S
Mon 10/11/03 at 12:33
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
No comment.

We wuz robbed!

And for Gods sakes, stop playing Heskey. He couldn't score in a brothel.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:38
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I'm still sitting on the fence on this one. It's getting mighty uncomfortable but we will have to see how the rest of the season pans out. We need to make it into the Champions League at the very least.

However I wouldn't like to see him sacked, just maybe moved aside / up to allow someone with fresh ideas in to buck up the players. On saying that though - who the hell could replace him?

Liverpool are definitely going backwards since several years ago and seem to be very stagnant.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
If Liverpool fans STILL think they'll get into the champion's league places this season, they're fools.

Bar the obvious three, look who's above them in the table:

Charlton
Brimingham
Man City
Fulham

The way Liverpool have been playing so far this season, who would be brave enough to put money on Liverpool getting all three points in any game - home or away - against any of those three sides?

11 points and 12 goals behind 3rd place only a third of the way through the season. Sure, they've had tough games, but losing all three home games against the major top three teams says it all. If they were contendors, they'd be boasting of at least three points from those three games, instead, they boast nothing, having conceded 6 goals, and on two of those occasions given away a lead to lose the game.

No, if I were a Liverpool manager, I'd be looking to field strong teams in the cups in the hope of finding a back-door into the UEFA Cup.
Mon 10/11/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Bane wrote:
> If Liverpool fans STILL think they'll get into the champion's league
> places this season, they're fools.

Cruel man - the word is 'optimists' not fools.

However unlikely this may seem at the moment it is probably the only way to stem the tide of fans going over to the 'get rid of Houllier' camp.
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:17
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
When Phil Thompson was temporaly at the reign, he did a brilliant job.
If houllier was to be pushed, that's who i would want to replace him.
Mon 10/11/03 at 17:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
To be honest Solksjaer, I think Diouf has looked extremely impressive these last few weeks.
Mon 10/11/03 at 18:37
Regular
Heh, you were sitting with the scousers Neo?

Surely you couldnt help but shout you head off when Giggs scored! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.