GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instant pro not lining up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/07/09 at 11:40
Regular
When editing a page it appears things are not lining up, What it looks like on the editor is not how it views on the net.
Paragraphs need to be alot closer together.

So where I had the paragraphs lined up to the photos on my Commercial page what on the editor looks like each paragraph is lined up with each photo (photo on left writing on right), when viewed via browser its nothing like it.

Also on the domestic page I have an underscore after the end of the second paragraph after the word call, this is not showing in the editor and I cant delete it.

Not moaning just keeping you freeola peeps updated :-)

Hope all that makes sense
Wed 15/07/09 at 11:40
Regular
When editing a page it appears things are not lining up, What it looks like on the editor is not how it views on the net.
Paragraphs need to be alot closer together.

So where I had the paragraphs lined up to the photos on my Commercial page what on the editor looks like each paragraph is lined up with each photo (photo on left writing on right), when viewed via browser its nothing like it.

Also on the domestic page I have an underscore after the end of the second paragraph after the word call, this is not showing in the editor and I cant delete it.

Not moaning just keeping you freeola peeps updated :-)

Hope all that makes sense
Wed 15/07/09 at 11:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Looking into this for you.
Wed 15/07/09 at 12:40
Regular
Apologies for the thread hijack dograt but I don't want to start another thread unless absolutely necessary.

This upgrade appears to have achieved nothing yet has caused no end of problems for more users than myself. I can't even save updates to my home page !!

Can we have the previous version re-instated and a new release once all these bugs are ironed out as my site is next to useless at the moment.

regards

Jason
Wed 15/07/09 at 13:59
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
@Jasonh: I have corrected the problem with saving in IE6. This didn't seem to be a problem with any other browser as it was tested extensively. I have now tested your home page in IE6 with no addons and clicked Save and Finish with no errors and your content saved.
The problem with the font sizes was due to the mapping of the old font sizes for content already created on the old server not mapping correctly to the new sizes.
Unfortunately there are some problems after the launch of the new version, which I can only apologise for.
If you report a problem with the builder to me I assure you that I will try and fix it and if it's deemed not to be a bug I will explain the reason for it.

Anyone who has edited their pages before the font size bug was corrected can have their old content copied back to replace all their site content if they wish. I must stress that this will overwrite any changes to page content that has been made since launch.

@Dograt: I will have a look at your site right now and report back here later.
Wed 15/07/09 at 14:32
Regular
Spot on :-)

Thanks for your efforts and all looking good this end,

many thanks for your assistance in resolving this.

Cheers

Jason
Wed 15/07/09 at 15:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Dograt: I've had a look at you site and made a Work In Progress version of your Commercial page. Take a look and see what you think.
I've corrected the underlined full stop on you Domestic page.
Thu 16/07/09 at 08:45
Regular
Thanks Eccles

Looking at the page you made on the editor all the text in the table column top row right column opposite pic of rat is inside the box and it fits the photo.

When previewed the text over runs the bottom of the photo

I have played about with the live version as best I know how and it is ok, so dont worry about it to much for now thanks but thought I had better point out the above

Regards
Thu 16/07/09 at 11:28
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thanks. You've found another problem for me to fix. The preview seems to show the live page content, that's why you saw the text wrapping. See here.
Thu 16/07/09 at 11:43
"Are you sure?"
oldcoot wrote:
> can anybody give me a walkthrough for Syberia 2 in PC format
> please

:¬)
Welcome to the Freeola Chat Forums!

I'm not sure how/why but you've posted in the middle of a thread about Freeola's InstantPro website creation tool.

You need to visit Freeola's Games Walkthroughs

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Thu 16/07/09 at 11:59
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
> :¬)
> Welcome to the Freeola Chat Forums!
>
> I'm not sure how/why but you've posted in the middle of a thread
> about Freeola's InstantPro website creation tool.
>
> You need to visit
> Freeola's Games
> Walkthroughs

Just so people don't think Hmmm.... is losing his mind, there was an OT post here that was removed (obviously not quickly enough).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.