GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Warioware Snapped (DSiWare)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WarioWare: Snapped!'.
Wed 15/07/09 at 11:32
"possibly impossible"
Wario Ware Snapped is the first game I downloaded after getting my DSi. It's also the first DSi game to use the camera so it was interesting to see what Nintendo could do with it.

Firstly, the price is pretty good, 500 Nintendo points for this game sounds like a bargain. Considering you can swap your VIP points from Nintendo games for Nintendo points to spend in the store, it's pretty much free after getting a couple of retail games.

As expected for an early DSiWare release though, WarioWare Snapped is not a full size game. There are 4 sections which each contain a series of mini-games. These last about 10 minutes per section, so you’re not getting that much content. However, there are infinite replays and the game sits on your DSi memory to play at any time.

The idea is to replicate the silluette before each game, whether it be putting your fingers up to your head, just using your head or holding your fists out like a demented superman. A mini-game then ensues using that pose. You’ll find yourself doing things like collecting gems with your hands on your head and drying off a dog by shaking your head. Yes, it’s typical Warioware silliness.

But the best part of the game is the end, when you get your scores and the DSi unexpectedly plays back a video of all your moves during that level. It had me in stitches watching the stupid moves I’d made which, in previous games, only people watching could appreciate.

The main downside to the game is due to the camera software. It will only recognise people if they stand in front of a background that contrasts with them and doesn’t like artificial light. This presents a problem when playing at night, in a car or if you have just a white wall behind you. In the daytime it works a lot better though.

WarioWare Snapped’s cartoony style and off the wall humour won me over, despite the woefully short length of the game. As with other WiiWare titles, it’ll be something to have a quick 5 minutes on or to play with friends for a quick laugh. In the end it gets points for making my wife laugh, but loses some for dodgy camera support and length.

6.5/10
Wed 15/07/09 at 20:28
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Nice review pb and I agree with you that DSiWare has yet to really be shown off properly. Although there are some cool games out there like PicoPict but nothing mind-blowing. Heard good things about Mario vs DK on the other forums though so fingers crossed we get that soon :)
Wed 15/07/09 at 13:33
"possibly impossible"
Thanks,

Yes, I think it's yet to show it's full potential. Nintendo have promised lots more content though and full support from 3rd parties. Hopefullly it will end up rivaling the iPod App store.
Wed 15/07/09 at 12:35
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Good review. Think all games like this are pretty average after the "console" has just been released.
Wed 15/07/09 at 11:32
"possibly impossible"
Wario Ware Snapped is the first game I downloaded after getting my DSi. It's also the first DSi game to use the camera so it was interesting to see what Nintendo could do with it.

Firstly, the price is pretty good, 500 Nintendo points for this game sounds like a bargain. Considering you can swap your VIP points from Nintendo games for Nintendo points to spend in the store, it's pretty much free after getting a couple of retail games.

As expected for an early DSiWare release though, WarioWare Snapped is not a full size game. There are 4 sections which each contain a series of mini-games. These last about 10 minutes per section, so you’re not getting that much content. However, there are infinite replays and the game sits on your DSi memory to play at any time.

The idea is to replicate the silluette before each game, whether it be putting your fingers up to your head, just using your head or holding your fists out like a demented superman. A mini-game then ensues using that pose. You’ll find yourself doing things like collecting gems with your hands on your head and drying off a dog by shaking your head. Yes, it’s typical Warioware silliness.

But the best part of the game is the end, when you get your scores and the DSi unexpectedly plays back a video of all your moves during that level. It had me in stitches watching the stupid moves I’d made which, in previous games, only people watching could appreciate.

The main downside to the game is due to the camera software. It will only recognise people if they stand in front of a background that contrasts with them and doesn’t like artificial light. This presents a problem when playing at night, in a car or if you have just a white wall behind you. In the daytime it works a lot better though.

WarioWare Snapped’s cartoony style and off the wall humour won me over, despite the woefully short length of the game. As with other WiiWare titles, it’ll be something to have a quick 5 minutes on or to play with friends for a quick laugh. In the end it gets points for making my wife laugh, but loses some for dodgy camera support and length.

6.5/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.