GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Original 'Star Wars' Episodes To Debut on DVD Next Year"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/11/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Okay, this has probably been mentioned quite a few times already, (I had a quick scan down the list of topics but could'nt see anything)... either way, just nabbed from IMDB.com...

"Original 'Star Wars' Episodes To Debut on DVD Next Year

Reports began circulating widely on the Internet Thursday that Lucasfilm will release the original Star Wars trilogy (Episodes 4, 5, & 6) on DVD next September. At the same time, numerous websites were disclosing that they had received word from participants in a Lucasfilm conference at San Francisco's Presidio that they had been told the trailer for the latest -- and final -- episode of Star Wars will appear in theaters in January 2005, prior to a May theatrical release and a November home-video release."
Fri 07/11/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Okay, this has probably been mentioned quite a few times already, (I had a quick scan down the list of topics but could'nt see anything)... either way, just nabbed from IMDB.com...

"Original 'Star Wars' Episodes To Debut on DVD Next Year

Reports began circulating widely on the Internet Thursday that Lucasfilm will release the original Star Wars trilogy (Episodes 4, 5, & 6) on DVD next September. At the same time, numerous websites were disclosing that they had received word from participants in a Lucasfilm conference at San Francisco's Presidio that they had been told the trailer for the latest -- and final -- episode of Star Wars will appear in theaters in January 2005, prior to a May theatrical release and a November home-video release."
Fri 07/11/03 at 19:21
Regular
Thing is it won't be the original trilogy because apparently that doesn't exist anymore. Only the "Special Edition" versions do.
Fri 07/11/03 at 19:33
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Meh, rubbish, I've still got the original versions on VHS so I'm sure Lucas Arts does too.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:17
"Mimmargh!"
Mystique wrote:
> Thing is it won't be the original trilogy because apparently that
> doesn't exist anymore. Only the "Special Edition" versions
> do.

Even they won't exist soon. Have not you heard of the Special Special Editions that Lucas wants to make?
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:19
Regular
"That's right!"
I heard they were totally unfounded rumours, spread by internet nerds like Comic Book Guy.

Anyway, I too have the originals on video. Although I'd *rather* they released both versions in one big box set, I won't lose any sleep over it. The special editions may not be very good, but they're what Lucas loves.
Fri 07/11/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> Thing is it won't be the original trilogy because apparently that
> doesn't exist anymore. Only the "Special Edition" versions
> do.
>
> Even they won't exist soon. Have not you heard of the Special Special
> Editions that Lucas wants to make?

Hopefully they'll redo some of the dodgy effects they added for the Special Edition. The section in the hangar with Han meeting Jabba and his cronies, they can improve the Jabba effects quite a bit. And in the cantina, the whole Han shooting first thing should be changed back to how it was originally; we want Han to be a badass, not some pu$$y who'd let an dumb Greedo shoot at him first.
Sat 08/11/03 at 11:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Lucas is shooting new scenes for the original Star Wars movies, still, 25 years after the original's release. It's kind of akin to raping the corpse of your first girlfriend because your recent ones have been munters.
Sat 08/11/03 at 11:57
Regular
"That's right!"
I say again - I heard they were just rumours. There hasn't been any shooting of any new scenes.
Sat 08/11/03 at 12:09
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
"It's kind of akin to raping the corpse of your first girlfriend because your recent ones have been munters."

Spot on, ha.

I wonder why George Lucas lost the ability to tell a good story. I wonder if he even LIKES the new trilogy.
Sat 08/11/03 at 13:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I say again - I heard they were just rumours. There hasn't been any
> shooting of any new scenes.

It's no rumour, Lucas shot (or is to shoot) new scenes with Natalie Portman for reinsertion into A New Hope. Honest to God.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.