GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation2, X-Box, Gamecube; Which will be most popular?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/03/01 at 17:08
Regular
This is my guess, going on what I have heard and seen already. Please bear in mind that this is only a guess, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

Most Popular : X-Box. Microsoft are a new contender, but the specifications of the console look fantastic, and already many games have been announced. It looks like just about the best console contender to the PC yet.

Middle : Playstation2. The original playstation was very popular, and the PS2 looks to continue the trend. On the other hand, many people have considered that it is not as good as was once expected, so it has left the No. 1 slot for the X-Box

Least Popular : Gamecube. The n64 wasn't very popular, and if it is being released at the end of 2000, it is going to be overcome by the hype surrounding the x-box. I know that many people will steer clear of the gamecube, seeing as there were so few games released on the N64.

P.s. I know that many nintendo fans and Bill Gates haters will reply to this with complaints. Why not try and proove me wrong?
Sun 11/03/01 at 02:06
Regular
I love the old 2D style gaming, take Premiere on the Amiga as a prime example, it was a classic game. Ok the GBA may well have some good games on it, but is it worth buying if you dont have a 'Cube?

I'm tempted, but i will only buy one if the SNES version of MarioKart appears, the tracks in that game were amazing, much better than the N64 version!
Sun 11/03/01 at 00:27
Regular
yeah i agree wid edgy. i love the 2d style games. i've been playing mario allstars on the snes lately and i love it. is that what paper mario is gonna be like for the 64?
Sat 10/03/01 at 21:08
Regular
My favourite Next-gen is the Ganeboy Advance!

I'm a huge fan of 2D retro-classic gaming! The Gameboy Advance can play the original Gameboy games, color gameboy games and even the new Gameboy advance games! Therefore I can buy the current and new GBC releases and still play them on my new Gameboy Advance in June!

There is also the fact that a motion game which makes your character move when you tilt your gameboy (Kirby) which I'm looking forward to!

The Gameboy advance also features some games that are almost 3D but aren't completely which still give me the Retro-feel when playing.

I can;t wait til it's released!

Sat 10/03/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Okay... but which is your favourite console....

Not the console you think will win the current/comming console wars/race...

Not nessecarily the on you intend to buy...

Just the one you like best.... qnd why?
Sat 10/03/01 at 19:17
Regular
lol! good point mate!
Sat 10/03/01 at 19:00
Regular
So'the game' that's an unbiased neutral point of view?
Sat 10/03/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I think the Gamecube will be very popular. I am not just saying this as a Nintendo fan but looking at it from a neutral stand point. There are loads more developers than on the N64 project. Big names in Japan are already excited with some of them concentrating soley on Nintendo's Gamecube. Ninendo are on to a winner here. We are in the age of compact stuff. Everything you see is getting smaller....except the XBOX. Mobile Phones are tiny, Women's handbags, Computers, DVD Players, Nintendo are just following the crowd but in such a way that it will make them rise above the rest. I will get a Gamecube purely because I think that It and the GBA will bring much more gaming pleasure compared to the 'rocky' PS2 the 'extremley big' XBox and the 'RIP' Dreamcast!

The Game
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:50
Regular
I dont know mate, didnt buy one myself, i guess they couldnt wait, saw that a DC was only £99, realsied that there were some good games out for it, did a bit of mental arithmatic, Bob's your uncle, sold their PS2
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Your Honour wrote:
> I think it will be a close fight between the X-Box and the 'Cube for
> first place, leaving the PS2 trailing a distant 3rd. I know of a few
> people who have already sold thier PS2's because there just arent
> enough games about and they are fed up with waiting. They have done
> what i did, bought a DC and then wiat for the X and 'Cube to come
> along.

Sega are RUMOURED to be supplying software to both
> formats, and with the classic games that they can produce the should
> be no lack of good games on either.

X-Box has the entire PC back
> catalogue to rely and the 'Cube has got the smaller but no less
> significant back catalogue from all of their past consoles.

The X
> will come internet ready (i think, anyone know for sure) and the
> Cube will be able to connect with the GBA. Also arent they supposed
> to be being release within about 6 months of each other? If this is
> the case i suspect most people will wait until both are out and will
> then decide.

My moneys on the X though!

WHAT IS THE POINT OF SEELING YOUR PS2!?!?!?!?!

Over the next year, we will see the best of the PS2, what's the point of selling it??
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:33
Regular
Sega AREN'T rumoured to be supplying Nintendo with games.

They ARE making games for the Gameboy Advance and Gamecube!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.