GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox ate my Dreamcast"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/03/01 at 16:39
Regular
Consoles are being released with Hard Drives, Mice, Keyboards, Net Access even OS's are to become avalible...

Doesnt this make Consoles, computers?

Like the Speccys, C64, MSX, Amiga, et al. from years ago

I suppose the question is... when does a comsole become a computer... &equally... can a computer ever become a console?
Tue 14/07/09 at 17:57
"The Boss Lady"
'The Change in Cinematic Spectacle’ – 2008 by Oliver Davis

Montage Film Reviews freelance writer Oliver Davis has written a review of the comedy 'Animal Crackers' 1930 (dir. Victor Heerman).

To read the review see here
Mon 12/03/01 at 17:20
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
SNIPER wrote:
> We need a keyboard to play games like Quake and UT, but Hardrives
> are pointless.

Much faster disk access... larger save game files, allowing for more complex games?
Sun 11/03/01 at 21:26
Regular
We need a keyboard to play games like Quake and UT, but Hardrives are pointless.
Sun 11/03/01 at 21:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
PseudoSavant wrote:
> Unfortunately, I think we're gradually going to see a loss of
> definition between consoles and PCs.

Unfortunatly? ... I kinda miss the bonus aspects of Amigas, Speccys, C64... (but not Amstrad CPC, no, not them) :)
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:42
Regular
lol! that sounds about right dan!
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:38
Regular
People have seen the advantages of PC gaming like Internet or "No Memory Card Needed thanks to Hard Drive" and simply clipped them onto consoles. It only starts turning into a PC if your parents start using it as a word processor!
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:14
Regular
"everyone says it"
U can blame Bill Gates,but also blame yourself for buying a PC and then installing Windows!

Derr.
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:05
Regular
The way i thought it worked was that you can upgrade a computer, ie inside, like new graphics card etc and you cant do that with consoles. I dont count the N64 expansion pack because you didnt have to open up your N64 to install it.
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:02
Unfortunately, I think we're gradually going to see a loss of definition between consoles and PCs. The only real difference, as things are going, is that PCs come with a monitor all their own; they're not set up specifically to utilize your TV set for viewing purposes.

Personally, though, I hate this move. It's inviting lots of power in with the move toward PC-style components, that's true; but it's also inviting in all sorts of horrendous fixtures of the PC. Who ever imagined a day where we'd have to worry about rebooting our consoles? Or losing all our game data because our hard drive needed to be fully formatted? Or seeing the Blue Screen of Death (Copyright 2001 Microsoft Corporation)?

Honestly, if there was one thing I always loved about console gaming, it was its inherent stability. With the move to make them more like PCs, that'll no longer be the case. Which sucks, IMO, and I blame Bill Gates for it.
Sat 10/03/01 at 19:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
New Jimmy wrote:
> A console becomes a computer when you can program it!

But when are they move from Games machines to PC's?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.