GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blank DVD-R media"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/11/03 at 19:45
"High polygon count"
I'm looking at buying some blank DVDs. So far, I've been using Datasafe Classic 4x, but I've seen some Ritek priced at £48.50 for 50, and some 4COS priced at £65.99 for 100.

I have a Pioneer A05 unit.

Anyone used either of these brands and know if they're reliable? I've heard Ritek are among the best, but 4COS also manufacture discs for Sony and other manufacturers, so they would seem to be quality too.

Cheers.
Thu 06/11/03 at 23:22
"High polygon count"
I see there should also be new dual-layer DVD+R recorders available from next April onwards...

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/modules.php ?op=modload&name=News&file= article&sid=929&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
Thu 06/11/03 at 23:14
"High polygon count"
http://www.cdr-by-mail.co.uk/acatalog /CDR_By_Mail_DVD_R_21.html

Second product down on that page.

They have every type of case/packaging imaginable!

I've ordered from BlankDiscShop/SVP before - very good.

Also, BigPockets.co.uk occasionally beat them both, depending on what you're looking for.
Thu 06/11/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Sorry, that should be £46.00!

Wheres that from then?
Thu 06/11/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have some Bulkpaq Orange 4x and they were £16 for a tub of 25. Very good media considering there meant to not work on Sony writers which I have :). Had no problems burning DVD movies or data.

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/ do some good deals. Sign up for newsletters as there always doing special price weekends where delivery is 99p on all orders over £30. At the moment they have a tub of 25 Datewrite 4x for £15.98. They also sell DVD cases and all types of normal jewel cases.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:44
"High polygon count"
Sorry, that should be £46.00!
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:43
"High polygon count"
Yup, unbranded Ritek 4x DVD-R - £48.50 for 50 discs.
Thu 06/11/03 at 20:16
Regular
"How Handy."
Ritek dye is the best around. That's a cheap price if they're the 4x version, it's a reasonable one if they're the 2.4x version.
Thu 06/11/03 at 19:45
"High polygon count"
I'm looking at buying some blank DVDs. So far, I've been using Datasafe Classic 4x, but I've seen some Ritek priced at £48.50 for 50, and some 4COS priced at £65.99 for 100.

I have a Pioneer A05 unit.

Anyone used either of these brands and know if they're reliable? I've heard Ritek are among the best, but 4COS also manufacture discs for Sony and other manufacturers, so they would seem to be quality too.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.