GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/11/03 at 17:29
Regular
Got Viewtiful Joe today, which you must get, by the way, and noticed something; no 'Only For' tage in the corner of the box. Now, I'm not sure if this is on PN03 or not, or whether all exclusives have the 'Only For' in the corner.

But could this mean the 'Capcom 3' (after Dead Pheonix... dying) are, after all, temporarily exclusive?

Or maybe not. But who cares, I've got Viewtiful Joe in its lovely pink case. Must... play...
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:29
Regular
Got Viewtiful Joe today, which you must get, by the way, and noticed something; no 'Only For' tage in the corner of the box. Now, I'm not sure if this is on PN03 or not, or whether all exclusives have the 'Only For' in the corner.

But could this mean the 'Capcom 3' (after Dead Pheonix... dying) are, after all, temporarily exclusive?

Or maybe not. But who cares, I've got Viewtiful Joe in its lovely pink case. Must... play...
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:35
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Capcom are deep in talks with Microsoft...

Maybe they decided to leave the 'only for' out of the corner to keep their options open?

Alternatively maybe the game is heading to the GBA in which case it shouldnt have a 'only for' logo on the GC case?

However my biggest concern with Capcom isnt whether they produce for MS but whetherthey ditch the GC altogether and become exclusive to the X-box/X-box 2.
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:41
Regular
I wouldn't have thought they'd go XBox exclusive seeing as they get a lot of sales from both GameCube and PS2. Resident Evil sold a heap load of copies, and I'm sure their killer GC titles will too.
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:51
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I fully agree with you but if Big Bill puts his hand in his pocket and waves a blank cheque around then who knows...

These are just rumours tho... i just hope MS dont try to buy the big players out of the market in an attempt to ensure their own domination, when we think about MS we tend to think of a company that dosnt want to share its market... they are/have and always be an operation that wants it all and is prepared to pay for it, whatever the cost.
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:58
Regular
Didn't they already try that but were stopped?
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:01
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Hmm do you mean with regards to its PC operating software... windows etc?

The courts did decide that MS were manipulating the market but i havnt heard of anything similar surrounding the console market.

Ms are desperate to crack Japan and theres no better way than to buy out a major ball player (like Capcom) lets face it stranger things have happened and money talks, actually no - money screams.
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:11
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Maybe they left it off because "Only For" signs are stupid, tacky, and make the company look immature?
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:14
Regular
Capcom wouldn't sell anyway - they don't need to. They're far too successful to worry about their future, and wether to sell or not.

And if MS waved that blank cheque, they'd better be ready to spend a LOT of money...
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:18
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Interesting posts that i both agree with and hope prove to be true.

The 'only for' isnt really tacky tho, it shows commitment to a console for any specific software produced.

If Capcom deliberatley left the tag off then they must have visions of releasing the game on another console even if it were the GBA.

The only other solution is that there was some kind of manufacturing error whereas the producers simply forgot about the tag, but i highly doubt this.
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Capcom make Dino Crisis right? Thats and XBox exclusive, so they aren't just Cubey people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.