GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Building a Dummy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/11/03 at 20:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
Well I do media at college and I am re-enacting when I fell off the fence in a parody of that old show "999", so I need to make a lifesize dummy. I am going to stuff some old clothes with rags or newspaper but I dont know what to do for the head and hands to make them look like, well, real-ish.

Any ideas or tips please?
Thu 06/11/03 at 20:07
Regular
god, i don't know WHY i picked media for one of my GCSE's. it sucks compared to ART and IT.

i'll try and get myself an ECDL, CISCO, or even both qualifications during the courses.
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:39
Regular
"SOUP!"
Started making it today. Stuffed some old jeans and a shirt with newspaper and stitched the ends shut so the stuffinf didnt fall out. I stapled the shirt to the jeans (I cant stitch through denim, its impossible - well, it hurt my thumb) I made hands out of surgical gloves and began making a head.

With paper maché do you di various layers of it and leave it to dry inbetween? I covered a balloon in strips of newspaper covered in paste and left it to dry. How many layers should I do on it?

I am going to take a few high res pics of my face from different angles and print them out and stick them onto it so it will look relatively realistic.
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
A good ol' bit o' Blue Peter Papiér Maché never 'urt anyone, ah say.
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
Ask er-no.

HE made many things as he stayed awake for 80+ hours.
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Take a pair of tights
>
>
> Cut them and place them over your head.
>
>
> Unpick the lock to your local swimming pool - and 'borrow' the
> dummy's they use for the life saving courses.
>
> There...ginger has a solution for everything

Lol now that sounds like a plan to me. Carefull Young 'un. Thinkin's dangerous. So's talkin'. You sound dangerous to me. *Casually explodes*
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:24
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cheers memo and gamezfreak.

I might print out a pic of my face and stick it to it, would be funny.
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:10
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
http://www.katehodgson.net/pmcindex.html

It might help.
*shrug*
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:09
Regular
Pretty much.

Just leave about 24 hours for it to properly harden up nd dry.
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:06
Regular
"SOUP!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Paper Machette (or whatever its called).
>
> Get a balloon and slap some newspaper on it with PVC.
>
> Leave to dry
>
> Pop the baloon. Voila you have a head.

Cheers. But how do I make paper maché (whatever)

Is it just strips of newspaper soaked in glue?
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:00
Regular
"Light of the world"
Take a pair of tights

Cut them and place them over your head.

Unpick the lock to your local swimming pool - and 'borrow' the dummy's they use for the life saving courses.

There...ginger has a solution for everything

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.