GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*ALERT* Obvious Attempt To Win Gameaday!! *ALERT*"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/03/01 at 10:06
Regular
Well, I've had my PS2 for around 2 months now, and here's what I think so far.

Okay, the PS2 has had many problems. The launch on Japan buggered up, and sales aren't going that well in Japan.

The American release went relatively well, but lots of consoles had problems (Discs not being read, Drives not opening, games locking up etc), and many unhappy Americans had to take their console back, or get a refund.

The European launch was very poor. Firstly, it was £300, which means the Americans got it cheaper. Then, you had to pre-order a console, and this led to confusion, and a lot of unhappy people. Some pre-orders weren't filled for months, and some people who pre-ordered in March, got their's after people who pre-ordered in August-September time!
Another problem was that the lauch was delayed a few weeks.
Also, we suffered what the Americans suffered. Machines not working, DVDs playing green, etc.
And of course, there was the problem of poor launch games.
Many people weren't satisfied by the quality of titles Sony released with the PS2.

I got a PS2 in January, as me pre-order wasn't filled, I just went and bought one in the shops.
I got Tekken Tag Tournament and F1 World Championship 2000 with it.
The F1 game was good, but just another Formula 1 game really, but with spectacular graphics.

TTT on the other hand, was excellent! I am still addicted t it, and it's one of the best games I've ever played!!
I've now also got Smuggler's Run, which is a lot of fun and overall a great game, but it doesn't have the addiction factor TTT had.

SSX is also a brilliant game, surely the best Snowboarding title ever to be released!!
With lovely graphics, great gameplay and a lot of different options, this game deserves 10/10.

So okay, 3 games isn't enough. But wait! There's more!! TimeSplitters is an excellent shoot 'em up, and Dead Or Alive 2 is also a great game, just losing out to TTT in my opinion.

Yes, the PS2 has had it's problems. But now, with it readily available in shops, and sales starting to pick up, AND games like Gran Turismo 3, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Zone Of The Enders to come, I'm sure that the PS2 will not fail to impress.

So, if you have £300 to spare, go get a PS2 now, with the games that I have recommended, or any other games that take your fancy.
Also, buy some DVDs to play on the PS2's DVD, which is just as good as a £300 DVD Player!!

You could even buy some cheap PlayStation games, as the PS2 can play them as well!!

As a PS2 owner, I am always looking across the Internet for news and screenshots of the games coming to the PS2.

Most Dreamcast owners and to be-GameCube owners are saying that the worst thing about the PS2 was the lack of quality games.

A the moment, I'm content with playing Tekken Tag Tournament, Smuggler's Run and SSX, while also playing my lovely PSX games!!

But, the last few days, I've been hearing LOADS of great news about new PS2 games.

I've seen screenshots of the sequel to the excellent PSX title Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2. The shots look awesome, and this game is sure to be one of the PS2's finest.

Also, I've seen pics of Star Wars Starfighter, to be released this month I believe. The shots of this game are amazing, and it seems as though LucasArts have done a fine job with this one. Everything I've heard about this game is great, and I'm sure it won't disappoint.

The game I'm mostly looking forward to at the moment has to be Zone Of The Enders, made by the man behind Metal Gear Solid and MGS2, Hideo Kojima. This game is set to be the best Mech game ever, with superb graphics and gameplay to match!!
And of course, with this game comes a demo of all proportions....a demo of what's set to be the most spectacular game for years to come...a PLAYABLE demo of....METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY!!

MGS2 is set to amaze people around the World, from the tiny country of San Marino (I think! {:)) to all over Europe and the USA.
The shots of this game are jaw-dropping, and when you think of how brilliant Metal Gear Solid was, it makes your mouth water to think of how MGS2 plays, and what plot twists and suprises are set to come.

Now, just to get away from Kojima's masterpiece for the moment, there is of course the best driving game set to make it's presence felt on the PS2. I am of course talking about Gran Turismo 3. With SPLENDIFOROUS graphics, and superb gameplay, and nearly all the cars in the world, surely this game will not fail?!?!?!

The gripping Final Fantasy series is set to continue on PS2, which will also carry the PS2's success even further.

So with all these games to come, and many more including Theme Park, GTA 3D and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, I am looking forward to an brilliant future, playing on my PlayStation 2.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 17/03/01 at 12:26
You're forgetting a game... STAR WARS: Episode I StarFighter!

It will push the PS2 to the max and it looks damn cool! (Being a huge Star Wars fan I pre-ordered right away) :)
Tue 13/03/01 at 02:17
O.k maybe i have read it now... but from the bottom paragraph up??? hmm.... *scrathes head*
Tue 13/03/01 at 02:11
I'm sure that was good ant... i didn't read it, i havn't the patience to read massive entries like that anymore... :)
Sun 11/03/01 at 09:20
I try hard to win gameaday, but fail <:(

Nice article! And yes, MGSII will be released this year. (And the trailer says 2001: Year of the Snake!)
Sat 10/03/01 at 18:54
Ant wrote:
> I am the Tarrant wrote:
> I'm convinced!
I'm just putting my
> shoes on now!
Can anyone lend
> me £300?
Anyone?

He
> he he...

Hello. I've noticed you on the FOG Forum. Welcome to
> Special Reserve!!

I just wanted to say a slightly belated thanks for the welcome.
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:46
Regular
Cheers mate, its good to be here! nice little community type thing seems to be here, not like some other forums ive been to on my travels.
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
Your Honour wrote:
> You're right, it is a blatant game-a-day attempt, damn good one
> though!

Thanks matey.

Again, welcome to SR!
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:35
Regular
You're right, it is a blatant game-a-day attempt, damn good one though!
Sat 10/03/01 at 14:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
So are the rumors true, is this delay going a head. Is it because the game just isn't finished or that they want to put those names from the competition in?

I think it is a shame...it will only mean that Sony lose sales and lose more fans to the XBox or on a smaller scale the Gamecube.
Sat 10/03/01 at 13:16
Regular
The Game wrote:
I do
> think that MGS2 will be the best game of 2001. Regardless of
> Gamecube Games or Shenmue 2 I think that it will cerainly rank in
> the worldwide top 3 and rightfully so. This isn't just a freak game.
> it is a magnificent game built around the PS2 from the ground up.
>

IF Metal Gear Solid 2 is released this year!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.