GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Explain to me what I just saw....*MATRIX ENDING SPOILER*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/11/03 at 20:48
Regular
I sat watchign the ending waiting for some thing to happen, so Neo died to save the world but what was The Oracle and The architect talking about?
I sat confused and wondering whether any one else knew what had happened?
Sat 15/11/03 at 01:49
Regular
People believe if there is to be a fourth Matrix it will be straight to DVD and not done by the Wachowski's.

Tragic. not.
Sat 15/11/03 at 00:31
"I love yo... lamp."
Well in thinking about it, clearly a 4th movie was set up. The oracle did tell the girl that she was sure they would see Neo again.

Too many things were never answered, like how Neo could see things in the real world when blind, or how he stopped Sentinels in the real world. Sure the oracle said that he had powers that extend beyond this world (talking about the matrix).

But are we supposed to believe that Neo has some sort of WiFi link to the machines and can control them that way?

It makes sense, but only if you are prepared to accept the change from sci fi to fantasy. I am not, which is why I was disappointed, unless of course there is another sequel.

Further evidence that there is going to be a sequel one day comes from what was said by the kid whose name I can't remember. He asked the head honchos and they said something along the lines of there could be another film, but not for a while. It was in an interview, sure you could find it if you tried.
Sat 15/11/03 at 00:17
Regular
That last fight scene between Neo and Smith was just like Dragon Ball Z without all the fireballs! :-D
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:34
Regular
Easy way to put it is, the matrix is maths, Neo + Smith = balanced equation, no neo, = matrix unbalanced,
(So, when there was no oracle but the architect was still there, everything was unbalanced, hence why the code was funky when theyy looked at it)

To balance it, they bring back neo, which can't be done, or lose smith.

So, smith's destroyed.

If you watch the animatrix, you can see why the robots agreed to peace, it was the humans who started the war, the humans don't want to fight, neither do the robotts (They'll bring back the sun somehow and everyone will be happy)
Sat 08/11/03 at 19:42
I didn't get the bit at the end when the oracle said to the wee girl "Did you make that?" and she said "Yes". Who was the girl?

Also who was the beggar guy, the trainman? Was he in any of the other films?

Did anyone else think the big fighting scene between Neo and Smith was one of the most stupid things you have ever seen?

The scene in the temple with the Sentinels warming about in attack formations was very impressive.

You know the robot guy whose face was made out of little robots? Who was he? The Architect?
Sat 08/11/03 at 18:20
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
That's exactly right KR. The machines needed Neo to get back in to the Matrix and die himself to destroy the Smith program. They needed him.
Sat 08/11/03 at 17:45
Regular
I thgouht that Smith was the negative of Neo so when Neo let himself get taken over by Smith there was no more positive/negative and that is why Smith was destroyed? The only way for Smith to die was for Neo to die aswell.
Sat 08/11/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Well obviously Neo saved the world but only because he was in control of the machines for that brief moment in time. They needed him to destroy the Smith program. That is the only reason why the sentinals stopped attacking Xion. After he died though the machines were back in control. Smith was gone and Xion was near defeat, they were in a place of great power and control. The oracle realised this and asked whether the architect was going to send in the sentinals now that he didn't need any help from humans and he said that he just might do it because unlike humans he can't be held to his word.

That's what I understand of it anyway. Once again it is all about control.
Sat 08/11/03 at 16:28
Regular
"keep your receipt"
OK, here's what I've figured so far...

Neo was the 'One', he represented ultimate good and his power was infinite. The Architect, in an attempt to balance the equation, released Smith into the world as ultimate Evil, who 'infected' everyone with evil to try and match Neo's power.

The Oracle allowed herself to be taken by Smith so that Smith had the Sight...however the Oracle gave him a false prophecy (we cannot see past the choices we cannot understand) and so when Neo did not die as Smith thought he would, Smith became confused and scared. Eventually attempting to assimilate Neo's code into his own, he discovered that the combined power of Neo and the Oracle was too much and Smith was erased from the system.

Peace was struck between the humans and the machines. All humans were given the choice of whether to stay inside the Matrix or leave ("and the ones that want out?") and I assume after this all the programs are released from their tasks to live happily in the Matrix whilst the humans rebuild Zion and start to repopulate the world.

It has to be assumed that Neo does die, because to me it seemed as if he was the Christ figure who died to save the world and cleanse both human and machine of their sins. (check the way Neo's lying as he gets carted off after the Smith battle). However when the little girl asks Oracle if she'll ever see Neo again, she replies, "I hope so," referring to the chance of a possible resurrection.

By the way, did anyone notice the cheeky anagram of 'limbo' in Mobil Avenue train station?
Thu 06/11/03 at 16:44
"The Will of D."
Ms NY wrote:
> I don't want to see the movie! Rather wait until it comes out to buy.
> And seeing as quite a few people have said it wasn't as good as so
> and so..
> quite glad didn't go and see it yesterday.
>
> So.. did she die? =P

Why do you have to even believe what other people say (especially ones that you don't know and trust outside of this cyber chat room) and to form your opinion upon what other people say, just see the film and form your own opinion and forget what they said until then, and if it was like theirs then go ahead and critise along with them.

I don't critise or take the opinions of others for things that I want to see no matter what anyone says, of course i have to spend almost £10 to go to my nearest cinema but I organise and re-arrange my budget accordingly to what I want to do and buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.