GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The perfect game (in my opinion)"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/11/03 at 16:17
Regular
A combination of Homeworld 2 and tribal rage, with a dash of controllability. for example, Homeworld 2 is already an excellent RTS, no? well, if developers took on the dreams of many gamers, they'd turn out with a game where not only do you have the RTS feature for the lazy, but what if you could pilot the ships yourself, and jump from ship to ship, based on your desires. Like to zip in and out of the bigger ships? be a fighter! want to plough straight in and force huge holes in frigates? be a cruiser!

But, along with this feature MUST come the customisable possibilities similar to tribal rage. you select EVERYTHING that goes on/in it. for example, being able to choose which weapon goes where, and having the possibility of trade-offs like less weapons but more maneuverability, or powerful weapons but the rest is ammo for it - and so on.

I can only dream...
Sun 09/11/03 at 09:16
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
My idea of perfect:

The smooth controls of FIFA 98, with the graphics of Vice City, the simplicity of Railroad Tycoon, the storyline of GTA 3 and the lifespan of Age of Empires II.

hold on, that can't work...
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Bane wrote:
> If you like Deus Ex, you'll love System Shock 2, the game from which
> the "revolutionary" RPG elements of Deus Ex were taken.
> That Deus Ex utterly fails to improve on any part of System Shock 2,
> despite being developed about 5 years later is another point to
> consider...

Very true. I'd have to say I prefer the open structure of SS2 over the level based Deus ex, even though its a pain in the ass at times.

Oh, something I forgot to mention in the System Shock 2 / System Shock conversation yesterday. System Shock I has the cyberspace section in it (no matter how difficult to control) that is a totally different game.In System Shock II this is changed to a bog standard stats increase. The original System Shock also has a version of "Wing Commander" on the little pda screen, that's neraly identical to the original Wing commander. If that doesn't make for a classic game, I don't know what does ;)
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:34
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
If you like Deus Ex, you'll love System Shock 2, the game from which the "revolutionary" RPG elements of Deus Ex were taken. That Deus Ex utterly fails to improve on any part of System Shock 2, despite being developed about 5 years later is another point to consider...
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
You obviously never got into the game properly. Give it another go, just trying to ignore the dated graphics, unless you are a TRUE gamer and don't care much.
Wed 05/11/03 at 19:32
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Heh. I HATE Deus Ex.
Wed 05/11/03 at 18:18
UFO Enemy Unknown was a perfect game.
Wed 05/11/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
There is a perfect game, it's called Deus Ex.
Wed 05/11/03 at 16:17
Regular
A combination of Homeworld 2 and tribal rage, with a dash of controllability. for example, Homeworld 2 is already an excellent RTS, no? well, if developers took on the dreams of many gamers, they'd turn out with a game where not only do you have the RTS feature for the lazy, but what if you could pilot the ships yourself, and jump from ship to ship, based on your desires. Like to zip in and out of the bigger ships? be a fighter! want to plough straight in and force huge holes in frigates? be a cruiser!

But, along with this feature MUST come the customisable possibilities similar to tribal rage. you select EVERYTHING that goes on/in it. for example, being able to choose which weapon goes where, and having the possibility of trade-offs like less weapons but more maneuverability, or powerful weapons but the rest is ammo for it - and so on.

I can only dream...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.